the info bellow is from
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...00/td-p/636160

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooo BOUT TIME

Hi all,

We have just received the following statement from Nokia regarding the MeeGo support on the Nokia N900:

---------------------------

We are aware of the concerns regarding future support of the N900 device because of the announcement of MeeGo. Under careful and long consideration we have decided to bring the MeeGo platform to the n900 device. This decision has been reached in the company’s interest to grow and bring together our Linux community instead of separating them. Our development teams are working on the project now of back port the MeeGo OS to the N900 in the coming months.

---------------------------

We hope that you will enjoy using Maemo devices!

On behalf of the Nokia Maemo & Support Discussions teams,
vandelay

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hmmmmmm
You took the effort to register on both the nokia site and on here to post it... both posts are your first....

Until it is posted by Nokia, I'm sorry, it was a good try/hoax
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
I hope this is going to happen soon , if yes , then I'm Nokia's slave for life.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i'll wait to hear it from a nokian on this site, the person who writ that only as one post and could be anyone, might even be you trying to wind people up b/c you both only have 1 post on each forum

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
lol this is funny. dam lol. now we just need nokia to do it

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
title should be changed to unofficial so not give people the idea its real news.
this just gets the hopes up of many who will quickly have them trashed again causing another 30 threads on same subject

"maemomeego" doesnt sound right... although i wish i could belive it but... not yet... not untill its official!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
title should be changed to unofficial so not give people the idea its real news.
this just gets the hopes up of many who will quickly have them trashed again causing another 30 threads on same subject
yeah maybe a [hoax] or [unproven] is required - definitely not official.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

top man and the answer we all wanted to hear