Can we please compile a list of T-mobile devices that can be used for the Bluetooth DUN connection for the N800.

I don't believe how difficult it is to get an answer from T-Mobile which devices will work.

I am willing to move away from my blackberry 8700g for a device that will work with the n800. PLEASE HELP.

I want to simply walk into my t-mobile store and get the best damn phone that will work (EDGE network required).

Thanks,
Jeff

I use a Nokia 6620 with my N800 and t-mobile DUN and it works beautifully. You won't be able to get this phone at a t-mobile store, though. I purchased mine online and then had it unlocked and flashed to the latest unbranded firmware by iunlock.com

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chicago, IL
Hopefully the DUN has not changed much between the 770 and 800. I have used 2 on my 770 with T-Mobile, Moto Razr V3 GPRS it is slow but it always connected, I’m currently using a Samsung T509 with EDGE, any phone with a DUN profile should pair with the tablet.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
As this is a global site it usually helps to mention your location!

Which regional T-Mobile are you interested in? T-Mobile UK, T-Mobile Germany or just the US where most network providers seem to cripple phones for a laugh?

That said, is it even the ISP or the phone manufacturer crippling the phone? It seems that people have had problems with Palm Treos and Blackberrys and some Motorola/Samsung phones, but Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones seem fine with the N800. T-Mobile in the UK are possibly the best network provider when it comes to internet connectivity - few if any UK phones have DUN disabled and doing so would not be a smart move.

Sorry for not posting the geographic regions of interest. I am in the US.

I have ready many posts about providers in the US making the DUN profile diabled. When talking to level 3 technical support for T-Mobile US - they make it seam like any phone listed as having bluetooth should work.

From reading the posts about the DASH - I know this is not the case.

Thanks for the posts from the people who know.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by jdk410 View Post
Sorry for not posting the geographic regions of interest. I am in the US.

I have ready many posts about providers in the US making the DUN profile diabled. When talking to level 3 technical support for T-Mobile US - they make it seam like any phone listed as having bluetooth should work.

From reading the posts about the DASH - I know this is not the case.

Thanks for the posts from the people who know.
I have a Nokia 770 and a Nokia 6682 Phone ( got it new and unbranded online ). They pair very well with each other. I have T-Mobile Service and use EDGE capacity of the phone to go online when no WiFi is avalable. Before using the Nokia 6682, I have used a Nokia 3650 Phone with GPRS to go online with the Nokia 770. I think there is enough information here in this Forum about which brand of phones are best suited to be used with the Nokia Internet Tablets. Good Luck.

Last edited by Arjun; 2007-02-06 at 23:05.

Bryan H,
I too have a 770 and a T-Mobile t509 (Samsung). I have tried to pair them. I actually see file folders (like 'photos', 'sounds', 'voice notes') from my phone listed in the file manager of the 770. However, when I open a folder, they are all empty (it says, "(nofiles/folders)" ) even though there are indeed photos, etc stored on the phone. So, it appears that the 770 connected to the phone and "saw" it's folders but not the files in them.

Similarly, the phone "sees" the 770 under "my devices", but when I select the 770 the phone says it's unable to connect to the device.

How did you manage to get the two devices to communicate with each other so you could use the phone as a modem?
thanks,
Neil

I also had a question for Bryan H or anyone who might know. I'm with T-Mobile and have a Samsung t509 as well and was wondering if the extra $5.99 web and apps charge would let you use the phone as a modem when no wi-fi was around or if I'd have to get one of "Internet Only" plans or something instead. Just curious since the T-Mobile site doesn't really mention pairing a phone with a laptop or tablet for internet access unless it's a Blackberry or Sidekick.

Thanks!

Salidwyn,
Have you actually been able to get the two devices to recognize and communicate with each other? For example, have you been able to transfer files between them?
Neil

The Blackberry 8100 (Pearl) will definitely NOT work. And probably any Blackberry will not work.