Active Topics

I was having a weird bug on my system. It was hanging every few minutes and I was getting ready to wipe the device. But after pouring threw some posts I turned off my unit and took out the micro sd card and rebooted and everything started working.

I noticed that on conky even after hard reboot that mmcqd and trackerd were running high cpu. Not sure what started it but I am glad it quit prior to wiping the unit.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mookie_black View Post
I was having a weird bug on my system. It was hanging every few minutes and I was getting ready to wipe the device. But after pouring threw some posts I turned off my unit and took out the micro sd card and rebooted and everything started working.

I noticed that on conky even after hard reboot that mmcqd and trackerd were running high cpu. Not sure what started it but I am glad it quit prior to wiping the unit.
Tracker would have been indexing the files on the card (or trying to). I think mmcqd handles the IO access to the card (going by the name anyway). Had you just put a lot of music/videos on the card? It's probably also worth checking the filesystem on the card to make sure that's not corrupted (or just reformatting it).

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Costa Rica
I have the same problem, however, I do not have a Memory Card on it...

I flashed the Fiasco and the eMMC, and the issue persists any time I reboot my n900.

Help please!