Active Topics

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Rochester, NY
OK, I feel like an idiot here... I've tried to do this about 4 different ways but with no success. I'm trying to get bluetooth DUN working with my N800 and Treo 700p. I can connect fine through my MacBook Pro, so I know that the Treo is not the problem. The Treo pairs fine, and the Mobile Setup Wizard seems to configure it successfully - I even see a conection listed in the Control Panel list, but when it comes down to going to the Connection Manager and choosing "Select Connection", it never shows up. I also tried configuring a connection manually (not through the wizard), deleting the pairing and connection and reconfiguring everything, but it still doesn't work. Am I just completely dense and there's something really obvious I'm missing, or is there some further problem?

Thanks for any/all help.

I don't think this is going to solve your DUN connection issues, but if it does, I'd like to hear about it.

I think to get your DUN connection listed in the Connections window, you need to pair the phone FIRST....THEN go through the mobile operator setup wizard. It's easiest if you delete the phone pairing and also the current connection setup first. Then go through the pairing and the mobile operator setup wizard again in order.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Rochester, NY
I've run through that twice with no results... Everything seems to run through OK, but it doesn't show up in connections.

Any other thoughts or suggestions from anyone? I'm sort of considering maybe wiping everything and starting over, but seeing as how pairing the phone was the second thing I did, I'm not sure if that'll help.

The Following User Says Thank You to rufo For This Useful Post:
I think if you do wipe things and start over (reflash the firmware) and follow the initial setup wizards in order then things will show up for you.... at least it does for me. Even so, I can't get bluetooth DUN to work.

Has anyone found a solution to this other than re-flashing the N800?

I'm seeing a similar problem. I was seeing my saved connections show up in the connections list as an option *until* I paried with a phone. After that they only show up as saved connections if I go through the control panel but don't show up as available when I want to select one to make a connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check thread 26 here:
WM5 DUN Bluetooth N800

I have the same problem when connect to my cell phone but solve it.
you should edit the connects, set connection type to "Data call", click next, Dial-up number is "*99***1#", user name and password type anything, and done!