Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/QtCreato...on_for_windows

Iv'e tried following the link above :
1. Installed QtCreator from the link in the guide.
2. Installed Madde
3. Opened QtCreator, and tried to set the Qt4 version,
no Qt installations were detected.
I look in the path, there are none.
4. Should I install Qt myself? What package do I need?
it doesn't specify this in the guide.
5. Anyone knows who wrote it? so I can tell him to correct it if it is
indeed a missing step?

Thx,
Eitam.
Name:  MissingStep.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  22.5 KB
Name:  MissingStep2.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  19.4 KB

Last edited by eitama; 2010-03-08 at 07:37. Reason: Adding Picture.

fwiw my qtcreator windows install has an entry in the manual section. i didnt put it there, but it's something like c:\qt\4.6.2\BLAHBLAH

im not using madde, butr mighthave a go if i cant get the 4.6 dev package installed on the phone. my windows successfully compiles and runs qt apps

would you like me to get the exact path from my settings or are you going to have a rummage around in there and add a suitable path entry?.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
5. Anyone knows who wrote it? so I can tell him to correct it if it is
indeed a missing step?
Hi,

this guide mainly concentrates on the steps you have to do to integrate MADDE into QtCreator. It states at the beginning, that you need to install the Qt libraries separately if you want to run your Qt applications in your windows environment. Maybe I should make that a bit more obvious. But you can install the libraries for Windows separately and if they are not automatically detected, point to the qmake in the path, where you have installed them. Don't hesitate to ask if you have further issues.

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
I found the same thing when I followed the tutorial. I'm not sure it matters since I think the only thing missing is the compiler for creating programs to run under Windows but I fixed it anyway by downloading and installing the Windows compiler version of Qt as well as the version listed in the wiki. When I next started Qt the path was there to the Windows compiler (make sure you still launch the v1.3.8x of QtCreator though not the v1.3.1)

I think its handy to have both so you can do a quick check of your code / forms etc in Windows before trying on device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to postformac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Scotland
I followed this too, but without success:-

I cannot build the debugging helper.
Compiling for Maemo Device always fails - the compiler reports it does not support the .o filetype.
Installing the Mad Developer on the N900 asked for a root password change halfway through.

Originally Posted by postformac View Post
I found the same thing when I followed the tutorial. I'm not sure it matters since I think the only thing missing is the compiler for creating programs to run under Windows but I fixed it anyway by downloading and installing the Windows compiler version of Qt as well as the version listed in the wiki. When I next started Qt the path was there to the Windows compiler (make sure you still launch the v1.3.8x of QtCreator though not the v1.3.1)

I think its handy to have both so you can do a quick check of your code / forms etc in Windows before trying on device.
Just solved it,

I installed the Qt SDK from nokia site. http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp

It solved my problem.

Originally Posted by uberguru View Post
I followed this too, but without success:-

I cannot build the debugging helper.
Compiling for Maemo Device always fails - the compiler reports it does not support the .o filetype.
Installing the Mad Developer on the N900 asked for a root password change halfway through.
I didn't try yet to compile for Maemo, I used MADDE command line for that, and it worked. but the project I compiled did not come from QtCreator, but from madde template.

The password thingy, Did you have rootsh installed before installing mad client? if not, it probably went ahead and installed rootsh which is a dependency (I guess).

Cause rootsh asks to change your root password when it installs.

Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Just solved it,

I installed the Qt SDK from nokia site. http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp

It solved my problem.
Yes that is what I did too. If you now run the v1.3.8x version of Qt Creator you can design your forms, write your program, compile it and check it in Windows and then re-compile it for Maemo and test it live on the device over a USB connection all from within Qt creator as described in the original linked guide (using PCConnectivity). That allows you to give your program a quick test without having to package it and deploy it properly first.

Originally Posted by postformac View Post
Yes that is what I did too. If you now run the v1.3.8x version of Qt Creator you can design your forms, write your program, compile it and check it in Windows and then re-compile it for Maemo and test it live on the device over a USB connection all from within Qt creator as described in the original linked guide (using PCConnectivity). That allows you to give your program a quick test without having to package it and deploy it properly first.
I actually didn't find the part that explains how to package and deploy the final release using QtCreator! Can you point me to it?

How to create the deb file for armel, and how to upload to repositories, but all with QtCreator projects?

I don't know how to package and deploy the final release other than by using MADDE (and I didn't get that working yet either, I have another thread on that).

What I mean is you can compile your project for Maemo inside QtCreator, as descibed in the original guide and then if you have your N900 connected to the PC via USB (with PCConnectivity running on your PC and Mad developer running on your device, just follow that guide exactly step by step for the setup) then after compilation has completed QtCreator will launch your app live on your device. You can then start and stop your app from within Qt creator on your PC, and interact with your app on the device. It's just a quick way to test your code is working ok before going through the process of packaging and deploying it properly.