I am trying to get a python app to listen for Telepathy messages on dbus. The code already uses csd without any problems.

When I use bus.add_signal_receiver for telepathy paths I get no errors. but I never receive any callbacks. The path, interface and signal names have been copy/pasted from DBus monitor.

Is there a problem with using telepathy dbus from python?

Do we have any DBus experts around?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hope so, cos i'd like to know too
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I've run into no issues using DBus with Telepathy. I'll post later links to various pieces of source code that monitor DBus for various things.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I wrote some helpers for myself to monitor for new TP channels and then to check various pieces of information on them.
tp_util.py is where that code is
autogv.py is a client of that code

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
@epage Thanks
I was setting a path as well as interface, just using interface work s perfectly.