Any of you lucky enough to have a 770, have you tried Citrix linux arm client? It is from 2000 so it might be too old. I'd love to know if it works.
The software:
http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downlo...oadID=3323#top

Regards

Johan

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Got it running...

Haven't actually tested a connection yet (will try that tomorrow at work), and as it's not a Hildon-based application the HWR & virtual keyboard won't work.

The Citrix install file won't work with busybox's "expr" implementation and without "cpio". The application itself requires a few extra debs (which fortunately Debian/ARM can provide):
  • libxaw6_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_arm.deb
  • libxmu6_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_arm.deb
  • libxp6_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_arm.deb
  • libxpm4_4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1_arm.deb

If I can get a working connection, I'll produce an Application Installer-ready package, although it may be of limited use.

HTH,

Andrew

P.S. Can anyone confirm if non-Hildon apps can have text entered with a Bluetooth keyboard?

Last edited by aflegg; 2005-11-30 at 17:53. Reason: Change image URL

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Wow, Andrew. Sweet!!

Does this mean that we can use the older Citrix Linux client to connect to a fairly recent Metaframe install?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Robert ;?)

Well, I can get a connection to our Metaframe server at work:

Unfortunately, as suspected, without a working keyboard I can't really get much further.

I can try and package up what I've got as an installable bundle, but the usual problems with non-Hildon apps (no input method, "hidden" windows, etc.) will be present.

Last edited by aflegg; 2005-11-30 at 17:54. Reason: Change image URL

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
hmm... is it possible to copy/paste text into the application?

Not here: no way of telling either the ICA Client, or Windows at the backend, to paste.

Ctrl+V won't work: no keyboard... :-/

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
I know that ICA is not the same as RDP but every WTS speaks RDP. For most purposes it should be sufficient to use RDP. For RDP there is an open source client for linux (http://www.rdesktop.org). Maybe this one can be used with maemo and hildon. Anyone able to check this?

It should be possible to port rdesktop to Maemo, making it a proper Hildon app with a working keyboard etc.

It might make a nice, relatively simple, port for someone.

I guess that remote desktop functions like Citrix is far more useful when the whole screen is used. Aflegg, can you try with a bluetooth keyboard? Another way is to start the on-screen keyboard via Narrator.exe. One can log in via citrix if the .ica file contains the following rows:
Username=Name
Domain=Domainname
Password=
ClearPassword=Password

Make sure that the Password= is followed by nothing. The *.ica file can be retrieved throught the URL that the Citrix login link points at.

When you are logged in, you can start the Narrator.exe and the On-Screen keyboard. I hope that point and click works on the N770!

//Johan

Last edited by Joohan; 2005-11-22 at 20:16. Reason: Additional info

Originally Posted by Joohan
Aflegg, can you try with a bluetooth keyboard?
Not until I've bought one... :-(