Active Topics

Notices

Is there a way to run Sun Java in easy debian? I'm having trouble with a java app and want to update it. I can't install sun-java-jdk or the bin file from java's site...Or what package do I update for OpenJava?

i think there is no sun java binary solution for n900

the processor is omap4 and the arch is ARMEL, i dont think that sun is supporting that

i could be wrong too

Yeah, I just found out the error I had had to do with running the binary on a different processor type.

Does someone have an update to openJDK? I really want to get this program working. It almost works but hangs on the last loading step.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bandung, Indonesia
I'm not sure about Easy Debian, but N900 can run Java SE apps using Sun's Embedded Java JVM.

Check this out: http://qt-mobility.blogspot.com/2010...app-under.html

Steps are here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37405&page=3

Originally Posted by stacia View Post
Is there a way to run Sun Java in easy debian? I'm having trouble with a java app and want to update it. I can't install sun-java-jdk or the bin file from java's site...Or what package do I update for OpenJava?

Yap i was indulged in the same problem and find no way out in this aspect. There is the install sun-java-jdk problem? Then check out the server problem.

-------------------------
stair carpet ! stainmaster carpet

If you managed to install Sun Java on N900, you should be able employ a similar trick with EasyDebian. Use Debian Chroot to create a symlink to the existing install on N90 in /home/opt/jre, but name it differently so it does not conflict with the existing OpenJDK.

Code:
ln -s /home/opt/jre/bin/java /usr/bin/jre
This will run Sun Java using the jre command.