For whatever reason my n810 was cycling off after loading..

I managed (not sure how I managed it) to get it flashed and it started working again.. Well now that I am trying to reinstall apps (or install new ones).. It will download all the way and say "failed to download" or after I click an app it will "Check for updates" and freeze half way through the check.

Any idea's as to wahts wrong?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
(Can you please change the summary of this thread to be more descriptive and less generic? Thanks a lot!)

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Have you removed the battery for several minutes before restartig you n810?

Have you checked you wlan settings? Can you surf the web with microb?

That's were the first questions / ideas that came to my mind. Not sure if they are helpful to you. Good luck.

icke

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by snow_fox View Post
For whatever reason my n810 was cycling off after loading..

I managed (not sure how I managed it) to get it flashed and it started working again.. Well now that I am trying to reinstall apps (or install new ones).. It will download all the way and say "failed to download" or after I click an app it will "Check for updates" and freeze half way through the check.

Any idea's as to wahts wrong?
This is a symptom of a battery with a low charge. I also saw this when I bought a higher capacity Mugen battery. This time it was the design of the connectors in the battery being farther back in the battery than for the Nokia battery. This I fixed by using a business card as a shim to push the battery against the contacts.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Last edited by fragos; 2010-03-16 at 21:41.

snow_fox...

same issues here.. i reflashed mine on Fri. try it again.. there were repository issues with maemo.org over the weekend..

Let us know the results here so we can help others..

I'm siding with Fragos. Sounds like the battery has the drive hosed. Try reflashing, and then boot it while the power cord is plugged in and see if you can install apps. If you can do it there, but not on battery, you'll need a new battery. If not, your internal flash drive may be going bad.