Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Barcelona (Spain)
Hi!

I'm trying to install Python2.5-runtime on the N800, but I receive this error:
Unable to install python2.5-runtime
Missing: libbluetooth1(>=2.19)
Can some one help me!

Regards

I am having the same problem. I located and tried to install libbluetooth1 but it also will not install - says it is not for this package if I recall.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Okay, people, thanks to fellow poster RogerS, I managed to install Python 2.5 on my N800. Here's what I did:

I went to the Python page: http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/ and clicked on the link to the Bora installer (assuming everyone in this thread has a N800), but instead of installing, I clicked on "save" and saved the installation file on my memory card.

I then did a lot of superfluous things, but the thing you should do, is go into the Application Manager and delete the "bora-extras" repository (http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/ bora user) from the catalogue list (that is, if you have that repository in your list).

Next, open the file manager and find the installation file (hopefully you didn't bury it way deep into the directory tree), "python2.5-runtime", and double-click it. The application manager will ask you if it can add the bora-extras repository; say "yes". If all goes as it went here, you should get the standard application installation dialogs from now on, ending with the near-climactic finale of your N800 telling you that Python 2.5 is now installed.

Jeeezuz Aich Kryssss... Did I mention it went just fine on my 770 ? :-)

(sorry Karel - I did try to resist, I promise I did...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Jeeezuz Aich Kryssss... Did I mention it went just fine on my 770 ? :-)

(sorry Karel - I did try to resist, I promise I did...
Hey, my egg timer works. You can smirk all you want, I'm as happy as a worm in an apple.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
</snip>
No joy. It added 3 other missing packages when I did that: libglade2-0, libsdl-ttf2.0-0, and libgdbm3.

I'm going to try flashing it to the latest firmware now that I know the OS X flasher application will work.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Hey, my egg timer works. You can smirk all you want, I'm as happy as a worm in an apple.
Splendid. But I don't believe it is safe to eat eggs in Thailand these days :-)

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
No joy. It added 3 other missing packages when I did that: libglade2-0, libsdl-ttf2.0-0, and libgdbm3.

I'm going to try flashing it to the latest firmware now that I know the OS X flasher application will work.
Ah crap. I thought I had it. Sorry.

I added the Mistral and extras repositories and later, installed the latest version of MaemoMapper and presto - suddenly Pyhton 2.5 was able to install.
I am not sure which of these two actions provided access to the missing libbluetooth file but nothing else had changed and I suspect it was the adding the repositories.
If you don't get it working let me know and I will post the exact repositories I have installed.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ South Carolina USA
Karel:

It worked for me, but I had to double-click the runtime in the application manager. Before deleting the bora extras catalog nothing else was successful in helping me install the python runtime. After installing it, I finally got sdict installed.

Thanks for the tip.