Hello everyone, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one getting this problem.

Almost every time when you load a page and click a link there nothing happens as if browser just grabs focus or something? It's a small thing I know but it's getting annoying... I'd say the most annoying quirk with this phone for me at the moment.

Sometimes you click the link and it gives visual feedback that you hit the link but nothing happens and I need to tap again, sometimes I just feel like I should hammer the stylus trough the screen because it gets so frustrating.

Can I report this bug/feature/quirk to the bugzilla/whatever? Or has someone raised this question already?

And are you experiencing this?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metalfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Metalfox View Post

Hello everyone, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one getting this problem.

Almost every time when you load a page and click a link there nothing happens as if browser just grabs focus or something? It's a small thing I know but it's getting annoying... I'd say the most annoying quirk with this phone for me at the moment.

Sometimes you click the link and it gives visual feedback that you hit the link but nothing happens and I need to tap again, sometimes I just feel like I should hammer the stylus trough the screen because it gets so frustrating.

Can I report this bug/feature/quirk to the bugzilla/whatever? Or has someone raised this question already?

And are you experiencing this?
Yeah I am experiencing the same thing but my thought about this is that it's because it's a resistive screen?? so maybe it needs to be tapped on harder? My way to avoid this (because this only happens when I try to tap on a link that has a really small font), I usually zoom in the page and then tap on the link.

I'm having problems similar to this too.

Sometimes a new window just sits there and doesn't load, even though it should. Sometimes windows have no load bar, then all of a sudden starts loading the page. Then the same problem as above, links just don't do anything, but it's not as common as the previous ones.

An example today was online booking bowling, my brother was on his iPod touch, and was able to click the next button on the site, where I was sat there clicking it, and it would not load what so ever.

Saying that, I'd rather live with some of these problems than have a different phone right now! Hope the update solves some of these niggles.

EDIT:
Another thing I thought of, is on Facebook, sometimes I am unable to "like" a status as it won't register my press, finger & stylus.

The Following User Says Thank You to m165 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Yeah I am experiencing the same thing but my thought about this is that it's because it's a resistive screen?? so maybe it needs to be tapped on harder? My way to avoid this (because this only happens when I try to tap on a link that has a really small font), I usually zoom in the page and then tap on the link.
No way it's because of the resistive screen, all the menus etc work just fine. And no pressing harder doesn't make any difference at all. Only consecutive taps will make the link work, usually 2-3 taps.

It's gets so nerve racking to read feeds like that

The Following User Says Thank You to Metalfox For This Useful Post:
the reason is because microB was designed to use stylus and links are small. Same thing happens to me get annoyed some times and bring out stylus and have no problem clicking links

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
the reason is because microB was designed to use stylus and links are small. Same thing happens to me get annoyed some times and bring out stylus and have no problem clicking links

I use the stylus too when I browse sites.
I have no trouble hitting the links at all, the problem is that it wont usually register the tap, or registers (the link changes color/screen vibrates) but it wont load the page and after the second click it will do it. This happens all the time.

Recalibrating your touchscreen can help a lot with the tiny links. Make sure you hit those targets dead center.

I do miss the D-pad navigation on my Treo 650, I wish MicroB had something similar (maybe WASD + enter?). Hotkeys to change text size would be really handy too.

I've found it you keep your finger on the link for a second before releasing, it registers it better.

Seems like its trying to avoid false touches

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
I've found it you keep your finger on the link for a second before releasing, it registers it better.

Seems like its trying to avoid false touches
Yeah I think it's something like that, I've tried longer presses but it wont help usually because it basically wont "click" it but if you still keep holding an swipe up/down the page will scroll.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
It's probably because the page isn't fully rendered yet. Try wait 3-5 more seconds next time and see if it works better.