Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
With all the talk here of using this device for video playback, I have never experienced smooth video playback with this device. I have tried most every media player available for the 2008 OS and that made no difference. My experience with the PSP Slim was far superior to the n810 in terms of this!

So, does anyone have a set of specs for encoding their videos for optimal playback? I would also prefer h.264 codec.

I am after video bitrate and framerate, frames per second and audio settings and codec as well. I have multiple apps to do the encoding process so I don't need anything there.

Somebody out there must have figured this out.

thx!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Los Angeles
The recommended settings from the wiki have always worked for me.
Video encoding - maemo.org wiki

There is a more detailed description somewhere else -- I have it bookmarked on my home computer, so I'll add it later.\

I have often used MediaCoder: (there has been some controversy with the developer and the Open Source community in the past year or so)
MediaCoder

The settings listed here look close to what I have used:
MediaCoder • View topic - Nokia N800 settings

Last edited by crenquis; 2010-03-19 at 18:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to crenquis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Look into ukki's excellent knots 2 application.

It will take out all of the work in converting videos, plus there's no waiting involved.

Personally I just stick with cartoons with a lower fps and audio rate since I can get really exciting results from that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: