Active Topics

Since i've connected to my oprator wap internet twice from my pocked, and got a really cool looking bill, i really don't want to have this option!

How can i disable it?

PP- I want to disable it from the phone in case i need it some time... i dont want to call an operator and disable it from there!

is settings->internet connections->connect automatically set to any connection or to wlan only?

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
If you set it to wlan only, it will ask you everytime it does not have a valid connection in range to select one. Just press above the selection window to abort that.

Regardless of that option, operators here in Europe can disable all packet data services if you want to. Maybe that is also possible for you?

Be aware that MMS are also packet data services and won't be available anymore if you do this.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bulgaria
Guys help me for 1 hour I haven't been using my phone at all and - I have 4 mb traffic, according to my network operator ??
Please is there any way to see what is going on or disable no permanently the gprs ?
I've tried to see the processes with top but I am newbie ;(( Please give me an advice my bill is raising............ ;(((((

p.s I have installed DatePlan Monitor witch hasn't got any movement at all (((

Last edited by M_Scofield; 2011-02-08 at 22:39.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by M_Scofield View Post
Guys help me for 1 hour I haven't been using my phone at all and - I have 4 mb traffic, according to my network operator ??
Please is there any way to see what is going on or disable permanently the gprs ?
I've tried to see the processes with top but I am newbie ;(( Please give me an advice my bill is raising............ ;(((((
It is most likely the automatic daily check for app updates that is using the data

to disable connection via gprs, go to settings -> internet connections -> connect automatically -> WiFi

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bulgaria
Thanks for the fast respond !
It is now to "Always ask" . I will switch it to WiFi only, hope it works

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Tablet mode selector from application manager.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
Tablet mode selector from application manager.
That will turn off the GSM radio, meaning no phone calls as well.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
You should go to internet connections and change from 'connect automatically' to 'always ask'. That way you can also find the culprit app that is trying to take your data

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
phantom data is prob from the app manager checking for updates.. you can "disable" that though

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56108

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post: