Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

Well I bought Sygic mobile maps europe the day it was released just as I got my N900, sadly, I cannot get the phone to work with various network things at work so I've sold it.

Therefore I'm just looking to get a bit of cash back from buying the sygic software.

I'll accept £30 GBP, with which I'll send the original Sygic email containing the registration code and download link and instrucs etc. Obviously if there are any problems with anything I'll refund immediately.

I have a verified paypal account and am a premium member and will only accept payment through paypal. PM me if interested!

Cheers.

this section is not for sales.

oh, very sorry, where is sales section? could admin move it? or can i delete this thread?

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
Buy & Sell

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I think you can't just sell it, since the code you have, is bound to your device ID!
Which means: you can't activate it on a different device!

As long as you haven't gone through the activation procedure you would still have only the product code, so then technically it should still be transferable. During the activation process the product code+device code are used to create the activation code, and from then on it's locked. At least that's my understanding.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
As long as you haven't gone through the activation procedure you would still have only the product code, so then technically it should still be transferable. During the activation process the product code+device code are used to create the activation code, and from then on it's locked. At least that's my understanding.
That's going make it interesting when I do a full reflash of my N900 when PR1.2 comes out...

I also need to figure out what to do about Documents to Go and things like my Angry Bird progress...

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
That's going make it interesting when I do a full reflash of my N900 when PR1.2 comes out...
Not having resale rights on software sucks. But I'd hope that any licence was tied to your IMEI number. Any company that doesn't account for the need to reflash or reinstall doesn't deserve custom.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Presumably you can re-activate it again, using the original product code, and obviously the same device code (IMEI, as I found out because I had to use the 'manual' method - the automatic one froze the application). I guess it would barf if you then tried another IMEI.
But if you wrote down your activation code you shouldn't even have to go through that process again.

I also need to figure out what to do about Documents to Go and things like my Angry Bird progress...
I wrote down where Documents to Go stored its settings.. can't find it now, but I have it somewhere. But if you wrote down your activation key it should be just a question of re-inputting it.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Presumably you can re-activate it again, using the original product code, and obviously the same device code (IMEI, as I found out because I had to use the 'manual' method - the automatic one froze the application). I guess it would barf if you then tried another IMEI.
But if you wrote down your activation code you shouldn't even have to go through that process again.

I wrote down where Documents to Go stored its settings.. can't find it now, but I have it somewhere. But if you wrote down your activation key it should be just a question of re-inputting it.
That's good to know. I'm pretty sure I saved them all (I always do). And with JoikuSpot I have the file too (though it's just a unique repo). So I guess the only other thing is progress files like Angry Birds, but I guess I can always replay the game if I don't find out where they saved it.

I suppose if we ever did change devices (e.g. get a replacement) we could always email Sygic and explain our situation.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...