Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Headline on Amazon.com:

Coming Soon: Kindle for Tablet Computers

It doesn't mention Nokia or the N900.

I'm already reading Kindle books on my N900, thanks to the Unswindle and Kindle for PC programs.

But I would be happier if there was an official way of doing this.

The paragraph describing Kindle for Tablet Computers does mention the iPad, of course.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Headline on Amazon.com:
I'm already reading Kindle books on my N900, thanks to the Unswindle and Kindle for PC programs.
Can you elaborate on this at all? Is this the best (or only) way to read kindle books on the n900 at this time?

I would also love to know more about this!

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse

The Following User Says Thank You to dominik For This Useful Post:

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
[QUOTE=geneven;581189]Headline on Amazon.com:

"I'm already reading Kindle books on my N900, thanks to the Unswindle and Kindle for PC programs."

...Could you PLEASE elaborate on this? I would love to be able to use my n900 to read my kindle books! When the n900 was released it was rumored to be a kindle companion but I havent heard anything yet. How can I get my kindle books on here?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I would like to read kindle stuff on my N900 to..
Is there a way to do this?
I've been googling abit, but i only find gibberish...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I bought my book through kindleforpc on a windows machine, then used the unswindle utility to turn it in a drm-free .mobi file, and transferred it on my n900, where I could read it with fbreader.
I'd prefer a native kindle application, but while it's still lacking, the process described wasn't too painful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I bought my book through kindleforpc on a windows machine, then used the unswindle utility to turn it in a drm-free .mobi file, and transferred it on my n900, where I could read it with fbreader.
I'd prefer a native kindle application, but while it's still lacking, the process described wasn't too painful.
Are there any news about a native Kindle app?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Can you elaborate on this at all? Is this the best (or only) way to read kindle books on the n900 at this time?
There's a new, cheaper Kindle coming out. I might buy one. I'm a sucker.

On the subject of putting Kindle stuff on your N900, something called "skindle" is the latest way to do it. Google skindle and unswindle for messages about the process. Only skindle works with the latest versions of Kindle for PC, last I tried. But it's very easy.

Edit: I preordered the cheap ($139, free shipping) one. It's wireless only -- my other Kindle can be used if I need it on the odd occasion when I am out of wireless range.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-07-29 at 10:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: