Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
I put my password in and it tries to connect but then doesnt work! With WEP and no pass wi-fi's work, so I don't know whats wrong! I have 4 different devices connected to my wi-fi no problem so whats wrong??

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
does it work after u reboot?
if not go to ur settings then internet connections and seup a new network from there

Okay I tried that but the wifi signal just keeps flashing and its been doing this for about 2 or 3 minutes and its still not connecting

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Okay I tried that but the wifi signal just keeps flashing and its been doing this for about 2 or 3 minutes and its still not connecting
Maybe related to some bug, but try to remove connection from settings, reboot, create connection through the settings not from status menu.

still doesn't work. Doesn't connect. It's showing a key lock with 2 key holes. Does this mean anything?

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
U might wanna try playing around with the connection settings. Select your connection, click edit and change the security methods?

I even entered the DNS and IP and etc. manually and it STILL says authentication failed please enter your Pre-Shared Key. Wtf!?!?!

I get this problem every now and then on my N810. It usually works once I stared setting the connection to manual (vs dhcp)

I have often found that rebooting helps, but not always.

So I can basically never use my wifi again :'(

Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
So I can basically never use my wifi again :'(
Don't lose hope, I'm connected to a bt homehub right now using a wpa key.

check your key again, sounds more like your key is still wrong.

alternatively, how far away from the wifi router are you? and what channel are you using? i notice mine doesn't support uk wifi channels 12 and 13.

cheers,
Dave