Active Topics

Notices

the N900s built in video player does not play all avi/xvid files smoothly, and jumps with recorded cam videos, so I am wondering if there are other options out there? the recorded video problem may be down to the poor camera and not much else on the N900, but I thought it might be worth trying other players out anyway, if available. from what ive heard, VLC is not ready for a proper full release yet, but is there anything else out there thats worth a try, for mp3 and/or video playback? thanks

you need to install mplayer and (either) Sib or Kmplayer. this will let you play almost all of the movie format. you may not find myplayer in App Manager because it is in a different depositoy. Please read the wiki on how to activate them and the side effect it can have on ur device.

or you can just install "extra codec support" to get the built in player to play more types of file.

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
+1 for sib mplayer combination.

much better for me than the built in video player

if i try mplayer, why would i need sib or kmplayer, are they frontends? thanks

Yes, SIB + mplayer does everything that makes sense to try and watch on the N900 (Not 1080p content, or every 720p). Xvid with packed bitstream that appears jurkey on the built in player works smoothly.
You just need to get the hang of the keyboard shortcuts (q quit, p play, up skip 15 min, right skip 15 sec, etc.) because there are no OSD controls.
I tried all options. I found this one to work best for me.

thanks, i will try it out

mplayer+ kmplayer is best combo...really very good app and must install on every N900

I use this for view MKVs and works great

ive just installed sib (15mb), its playing videos with no sound, so do I still need to install mplayer? im thinking since sib is playing movies that mplayer may already be included in its 15mb?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I like the Enna Media Center. Very beautiful and also depend on mplayer. It is very new though and not entirely finished. Could also have some dependency problems with libeina0. I just apt-get removed libeina0 and installed the later that comes with the Enna packages. I have not had any problems by doing that yet.

Also if you have your media stored otherplaces you could edit /etc/enna.cfg to point it correct.

http://gxben.wordpress.com/2010/03/2...a-n900-is-out/
http://enna.geexbox.org/

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-03-26 at 14:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
I installed only SiB-all videos are ok but theres no sound at all in any videos, and mplayer on its own has removed itself from the download list? im using SiB and my volume is high. all recorded videos are still jumpy, so it seems only an updated nokia camera driver will ever fix that.

perhaps i need an audio codec for SiB to play sound, as even recordings from the camera are silent. the default player is ok with all sound from any video at all

Last edited by extent; 2010-03-26 at 15:00.