Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I have one on the 770, visible at high brightness on dark images seen as a light dot. I noticed it first when playing a video at full screen which begins with a few seconds of black.

The N800 does not have any (touch wood) and I don't want any if the screen ever gets replaced because of the pressure dead zone.

Has anyone found bad pixels on the N800?

Jop, got one dead pixel...doesn't bother me that much, except for the fact that I know it's there... so it's rather a psychological problem What do you mean with pressure dead zone and replacement? I have noticed that the toucscreen is less sensitive on the whole right side where the scrolling bat of the browser is.
uargh, gotta got to bed, can't sit anymore... my last power reservers were spend on this post...

The Following User Says Thank You to DCr33P For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
Jop, got one dead pixel...doesn't bother me that much, except for the fact that I know it's there... so it's rather a psychological problem What do you mean with pressure dead zone and replacement? I have noticed that the toucscreen is less sensitive on the whole right side where the scrolling bat of the browser is.
uargh, gotta got to bed, can't sit anymore... my last power reservers were spend on this post...
Haha I thought I was the only one with that psychological problem.

Sometimes if you 'massage' the area around the pixel it will start working.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by DCr33P View Post
What do you mean with pressure dead zone and replacement?
From this thread

Oh ok... I think I got the same problem, but for now I can live with it.
BUT, I am definitely not going to "massage" my eehhm little device... that time has gone for me

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Welcome to the club of perfectionists

My 17" CRT monitor back in 97 (big thing then) had a dead pixel and it took me a long time and several heated phone conversations to get a perfect monitor. A few dead pixels are apparently within specification but the fussiness of a few select customers is always honoured.