Active Topics

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Is anyone able to access the full desktop version of youtube on their N900.

For some reason, i can only access the mobile version?

Thanks

full desktop version here.. maybe you only need to fix the address to www. not m.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Install Hide User Agent application , go to Settings-Hide User Agent, and click on Set!

Your Browser becomes to a desktop version one with desktop flash content. Youtube will be hell slow, but ypu can select between resolutions: 360p 480p 720p 1080p

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by taril View Post
Install Hide User Agent application , go to Settings-Hide User Agent, and click on Set!

Your Browser becomes to a desktop version one with desktop flash content. Youtube will be hell slow, but ypu can select between resolutions: 360p 480p 720p 1080p
Does hide user agent allow to edit it, for example to firefox one?
and not just hide it?
Some sites don't like it when you are unknown...

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Does the fact that i'm trying to watch Youtube with my 3G data plan connection instead of my wi-fi connection have anything to do with it?

The last time i watched youtube on my n900 was at home using my wi-fi connection (a few weeks back), i tried to watch it on the train (using 3G connection) today but wasn't able to switch to desktop version?

Do you think my mobile operator (vodafone) has anything to do with it?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Works perfect to view the full Youtube site over 3.5G here. Either it's your operator, or you could try clearing your cookies and try to access it again.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Drove me nuts.
Im on Vodafone UK - and it turned out connecting using Vodafone GPRS as opposed to Vodafone WAP makes a difference.
I switched my 3G connection and all was well. Made no sense but there u go.

I dont think the user agent had a part to play in it.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Drove me nuts.
Im on Vodafone UK - and it turned out connecting using Vodafone GPRS as opposed to Vodafone WAP makes a difference.
I switched my 3G connection and all was well. Made no sense but there u go.

I dont think the user agent had a part to play in it.
hey afaq .... im in uk on voda, when selecting my voda network connection its always GPRS connection .... i have no WAP option??? is WAP better and if so how do i get it on my phone???

cheers

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
hey afaq .... im in uk on voda, when selecting my voda network connection its always GPRS connection .... i have no WAP option??? is WAP better and if so how do i get it on my phone???

cheers
I tried endlessly to try and figure out why we still have GPRS and WAP options in the connection settings box. Both are outdated connection types - and were replaced by 3G. However i was informed by vodafone that both utilise the 3G network and do not make a difference in speed. Confirmed? No idea.

I recently had my SIM card replaced and now I only have WAP available. It doesnt bother me as i havent noticed a difference.
For the author of this thread, I simply wanted to mention a solution i discovered when this happened to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
I tried endlessly to try and figure out why we still have GPRS and WAP options in the connection settings box. Both are outdated connection types - and were replaced by 3G. However i was informed by vodafone that both utilise the 3G network and do not make a difference in speed. Confirmed? No idea.

I recently had my SIM card replaced and now I only have WAP available. It doesnt bother me as i havent noticed a difference.
For the author of this thread, I simply wanted to mention a solution i discovered when this happened to me.
wap was the old style dial up for mobile phone, i think GPRS is the protocol used to connect @ 3.5G speed but term is stilled used.

wap term is used because it represents mobile internet

i might be wrong.