Active Topics

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
So, this morning when I picked up my N900, I slided the screen lock slider upwards. Nothing happened. It had apparently shut down (not because battery had run out). I clicked the power button and it booted up, or it showed the NOKIA screen, then the 5 dots loading thing, and then the NOKIA screen a second time, for about half a second and the led blinked white and the phone **** down. It did not reboot, but I was quite nervous now already. I hadn't installed anything special lately, but Chromium, and I don't hink it caused this (others have had no problem with this and I had rebooted my phone once with it installed). So I tried again, same problem. I tried like five times, didn't work.

I tried plugging in the charger and then clicking th power button and guess what, it booted properly! I'm now writting this with my N900, working just as fine as always, but I'm wondering, what might have caused this? How did the charger help? Has anyone else had similiar problems?

My boot reason was sw_rst and boot count was 3, so nothing special in there...

How do you know for sure the battery wasn't drained?

how was battery after you switched it on?? sometimes it will switch off because of battery down, but still switch on after a while....

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
The battery was like 60% when I got it to start, and it had been charged for like 30 seconds when it was fully booted.

I had once exactly the same issue. Turned on only after I used charger (car charger didn't help either).

//K

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
last week i had the same problem. I connected the phone to my charger for the night and i saw it was charging. The next morning the same problem as antoarts. it was turned off. When i started up it went to the dots and then also the white light indicator and it was turned off. The i tried again but nothing so i charge it again for a half hour and then problem solved.

still dont know what caused it