Posts: 84 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tricase, Lecce (ITA)
My title is provocative:

I wonder why, if I play a song and then i Open the lens cover in photo mode, the music stopped. (My old N70 do it)

Moreover, why if i installed an application i can't search other apps during the process?

I dont get it

can't you realize that you dont want answers?

Dont come here to whine, please!

The music will stop when you open the camera len cover because the camera can do video and you don't want you music effecting the video.
If you what to view other apps while you install another then try pressing CTRL Delete to get to the apps menu (I think that works)

I'm a proud user of the N900, you don't misunderstanding.

I would only know if in the future is there this possibility because i find it more useful!!!

1-NO... I specified that this happen when the camera apps is in the photomode!

2- No. I would install more apps in one time. excuse me for the comparison, but i mean like iPhone.
You press install, then reopen the Appstore and you can search or install other apps meanwhile. Clear?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
wtf lol. no idea wht this thread is about. love to help???????

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It's quite obvious that multitasking works great in general.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It's quite obvious that multitasking works great in general.
but would be even better if these things did

The camera app works this way, it stops the audio, it's just the way it's designed. It is not a failure of the multitasking it's how the software designers designed it to work.

When you are installing one app it is busy doing that; so wait and be patient, again this is how it is designed.

If you want a phone this works like an iphone then hmmm... I wonder what phone you should have bought?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Shady 91' View Post
My title is provocative:

I wonder why, if I play a song and then i Open the lens cover in photo mode, the music stopped. (My old N70 do it)
Because itīs also video camera, but i agree that it should only stop when you SELECT/activate video camera. Bug report?

Moreover, why if i installed an application i can't search other apps during the process?
IMHO installing is one of processes when you should NOT do anything else. And after all if you look time spend with device the installing is just tiny amount of time. Or is your daily routine to install ~3 apps EVERYDAY to end of devices lifecycle.

BUT then again current app manager is slow as hell (all repositories enabled) and search functionality is really basic and it screams for portrait mode (more information on one eyeful).