Active Topics

i want to know what are the differences between normal speed of 600mhz to a 900mhz besides speed and response, i want to know battery life, risks, overheating etc.
and if it is safe for me then could you help me overclock to 800mhz instead of 900mhz Thanks.
Off Topic question so dont say i posted in wrong forum

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
i want to know what are the differences between normal speed of 600mhz to a 900mhz besides speed and response, i want to know battery life, risks, overheating etc.
and if it is safe for me then could you help me overclock to 800mhz instead of 900mhz Thanks.
Well have you read this thread??

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49481

And if you want to overclock your N900, click on my signature... and please read the warning before continuing..

Choose the Fiasco file for the 800mhz, and read the Flash_on_device.txt

i have read the comments but 1Ghz is alot but i dont wanna take any risks and 800mhz sounds fine to me.
i be posting in this forum for any help on overclocking

i need help which 800mhz image do i choose i wanna flash on device not on pc, and is it safe to flash on device

Do i do the code in one line like fiascoimageupdate /home/mydocs
or fiascoimageupdate Press enter then /home/mydocs

I dont know if it makes a difference really. I read some where that most people who over clock there device but those kinda numbers only seem to get a 10% increase in speed and power. from what i read (and i am paraphrasing) it can make your device slightly more unstable. cause more frequent crashing then what we already get with the n900, and all kinda random cracked up cell phone operations.

they say it will, in addition to voiding out what ever warranty you have cause your over all life span of the phone and battery to decrease dramatically because the processor is working harder then it was designed to work for.

My friend has a samsung moment. clocked @ 800 Mhz. It's android OS I thought this meant her phone would be faster than mines because the n900 is only 600 Mhz. but this was not the case. her phone was much slower than mines. and it froze more often. ANNNNND she could only do pop access for hotmail (that sucks she turned it back in afew weeks later for a black berry). I don't think its worth it to take those kinda risks. unless u absolutely need to hav emore speed and power. i am just fine with my lil 600 Mhz. it works good for me

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Do i do the code in one line like fiascoimageupdate /home/mydocs
or fiascoimageupdate Press enter then /home/mydocs
This what you do, download the 800mhz fiasco file from my link, then save it into your N900 (MyDocs)...

When you do that, go to X-term, then type
Code:
sudo gainroot
Next you type this
Code:
fiasco-image-update /home/user/MyDocs/zImagexxxmhz.fiasco
Change the xxx to 800...

So it will be like this

Code:
fiasco-image-update /home/user/MyDocs/zImage800mhz.fiasco
That's the fastest way to OC your N900.... after you're done, just reboot the N900 and it will take effect..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Am I going crazy? What happened to the thanks button?
Well regardless that's some good information, thank you bandora.

Edit: I guess there is no thanks button in the off topic board.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
Am I going crazy? What happened to the thanks button?
Well regardless that's some good information, thank you bandora.

Edit: I guess there is no thanks button in the off topic board.
You posted in the off topic forum... a thankless place.
So...while we are at it I'll post a link to a place where I have saved most of this info.

>> http://my.opera.com/yodude/blog/how-...-safe-r-800mhz

33% increase since April, 3 with:

-No crashes
-No excessive heat
-No corupt data
-Easily reversable

Read the warnings, decide to do the deed, and have fun.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-04-11 at 22:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: