Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
idk if this has happened to anyone, but for the past few days (on its own) my keyboard started actin up...like before if i hit the blue arrow once and type a number, it come up, but now it don't...if i hit the blue button twice (for num lock) in my sms...then the whole sms thing crashes. Same thing with the caps...before when it did work, i wud hit it once (kinda like a shift key) and the letter would capitalize, and hitting it twice would be caps lock, but that don't seem to be workin now...if i wanna type numbers, then I have to hold the blue arrow button with one finger, and type the numbers with another, and same thing with the caps button.

Any solution to this?

BUMP!!!

Can anyone help me take care of this issue?

PLEASE

I had that happen to me just recently as well. last night i installed a bunch of apps and one of them was the chromium browser for the n900. I ended up uninstalling all the apps i downloaded one at a time to see which one messed up my keys, and after uninstalling the chromium browser it fixed my keyboard so i can type like normal. Wait nvm it didnt work, it worked for like a few seconds and now i cant get it working again ugh someone got any solutions for this problem?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
ppriyank, healthcheck (Version in extras-testing - and hopefully maemo downloads after tomorrow) - allows you to test what keys are being pressed in the accuracy test - under tools.
it should be able to let you find out what happens are each key press to give you a scale of the issue..

Could just need a reflash though?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
ppriyank, healthcheck (Version in extras-testing - and hopefully maemo downloads after tomorrow) - allows you to test what keys are being pressed in the accuracy test - under tools.
it should be able to let you find out what happens are each key press to give you a scale of the issue..

Could just need a reflash though?
I do have healthcheck installed, so will test it out and report back!

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ppriyank For This Useful Post:
ok tested it...and when i press the blue arrow white the test, nothing happens (cannot type symbol or a number, and same with if i double press it), but if i hold down the blue arrow then all the symbol and numbers work

same problem here :-(
double click on shift or fn kills the application currently open.
quite annoying. i dont have chromium installed.
does anyone know what to do?
thanks!

I guess we are unique with our problem

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
sorry, not being rude and not replying - i'm trying to figure it out!
What i would suggest is posting bugs so the experts can look at the issues!

ANd post back here eaxch day to prompt other people to look at it
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Hey just got the PR 1.2 this morning, and i was told that this problem will be fixed with the new FW update, but i still have this problem?

ANYWAY TO FIX IT?

EDIT: oh and my virtual keyboard does not work either, (it didn't before the 1.2 update, and even after it is not working)...ANY HELP PLZ?