Active Topics

This screenshot warms my Norwegian heart.

Of couse, I'd like both Opera Mini and Opera Mobile easily installable for my own N900 too, but for now I am content to see that a million people doesn't mind getting an actual Safari alternative. On the N900, there are plenty alternatives already.

For me, Opra Mini isn't a real browser since all the rendering is done on the Opera servers, then compressed and sent to the phone. That saves bandwidth, of course, but when you try to open a local website (intranet f.e.) you will probably get some error :P
I guess that's also the reason why Apple approved this...

Yes, it is. One of the things Apple asked about was 'does it run javascript on the client side?'

As to FTW, microB is being abandoned for Fennec, as far as I manage to read the MeeGo specs. Doesn't seem like a big win, then.

Opera Mini is not a full browser, but for the one million users that has downloaded Opera Mini from the App store already, that's a good thing. Apple users will never be allowed to install microB. And Opera Mini now allows them to save bandwidth by compressing the data stream. Which for someone like me means faster net, lower data rates.

Last edited by volt; 2010-04-15 at 14:24.