Active Topics

I put my hands up - I've been fiddling where perhaps I shouldn't have been. 4 months of bug free use made me cocky but I've finally managed to muck something up!

I've lost sound and LED notifications for my missed calls and SMS. This is probably as a result of me trying to get "CallNotify" to work. In the "CallNotify" thread, everyone has been extremely helpful with suggestions on how to get that to work but I've given up on that now. I have lost interest in CallNotify and just want my phone to behave as it did before I started fiddling.

When I have a missed call I have absolutely no record of it at all. It doesn't even appear in the call log. When I receive a text, the conversations app opens. I'm still getting the messages so I'm not wigging out (yet) but the fact that it's unlocking my phone and opening a conversation window with no notification is getting old fast.

I haven't seen this particular fault logged anywhere else and I really don't want to flash the device. Anyone got any ideas?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I would ask the CallNotify creator as he is the one knowing best what CallNotify have been tempering with. It might be some mce thingy.

I am sorry to say.. but flashing is probably your easiest way out. Just remember to make backup on at least contacts.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi, sorry to hear that was your experience with CallNotify.

For clarification, I must say that CallNotify does not change the natural behavior of the led notifications at all (called MCE as AlMehdi mentioned).
Also, CallNotify does not open the conversation app automatically when SMS is received.

That being said, are you sure the led notification stopped after installing CallNotify? Perhaps you've been installing any of the led patterns manipulation apps?

Thanks for replying! For the record, I am absolutely not blaming CallNotify for the problems, by all accounts it's a great application and it's completely my fault for changing things I know little about. I only mentioned it since the 2 things affected are SMS and Missed Calls and the problem appeared to begin when I uninstalled it. (Email and IM notifications are fine)

I was hoping I could be pointed in the direction of what to check in the mce.ini or even if there was an integral app I could restart or reinstall?

Apologies again omeriko, I know it's not your application that's at fault here!

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Scullyno10 View Post
Thanks for replying! For the record, I am absolutely not blaming CallNotify for the problems, by all accounts it's a great application and it's completely my fault for changing things I know little about. I only mentioned it since the 2 things affected are SMS and Missed Calls and the problem appeared to begin when I uninstalled it. (Email and IM notifications are fine)

I was hoping I could be pointed in the direction of what to check in the mce.ini or even if there was an integral app I could restart or reinstall?

Apologies again omeriko, I know it's not your application that's at fault here!
I'm happy to hear.

First of all, reflashing is not so bad even for a newbie, and in case you screw up something you can't fix that's a good practice.

Second, I've attached my mce.ini (I reflashed a couple of days ago this it's a fresh copy), copy it to /etc/mce and hopefully this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mce.zip (4.1 KB, 77 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this - much appreciated! I'll copy that in later and if there's no change I'll give flashing a try. Sadly I can't do it at work and I'll have to wait paitently till I get home.

Thanks again though - for your help and your speedy replies!

The Following User Says Thank You to Scullyno10 For This Useful Post:
Just to say - flashed once home and all is back to normal! Learned a lot today so thanks for your advice, especially since it wasn't your problem. Hopefully I won't make the same newbie mistake again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Scullyno10 For This Useful Post: