Ok Just got a n900 today and how do I add the phone app icon as shorcut on the desktop/ I went into the little gear icon to add shorcuts but the phone app is not in the list?

The firmware version installed now is 3.2010.02-8.002 is this the latest and greatest one if not how and where to update this.

Also isnt there a trick using crtl shift and o buttons to turn the screen to portrait mode when browsing the internet does anyone know if thats the right keys to press?

Thanks

About the phone app: by default, it's already on one of the desktops, so you can't add it again to another (I think). Find the desktop that it is on, remove it from there, go back to the desktop where you want it and try adding it again.

About the portrait browsing: I have yet got to find that out myself. Just got my phone last friday I know it's somewhere here on the forum, I've seen it before. Try a little search and let me know if you find it

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
ctr the up key shift and p will turn it into portrait

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
The shortcut should be there, Unless you already have it on another screen/desktop of yours. Swipe left/right on the home screen to check.

Ctrl + shift + o is the right combination and the keyboard has to be closed for the screen to screen to rotate.

The Following User Says Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by hopla View Post
About the phone app: by default, it's already on one of the desktops, so you can't add it again to another (I think). Find the desktop that it is on, remove it from there, go back to the desktop where you want it and try adding it again.

About the portrait browsing: I have yet got to find that out myself. Just got my phone last friday I know it's somewhere here on the forum, I've seen it before. Try a little search and let me know if you find it
Actually there's a way to add the stock widgets (like phone).. etc into more than one desktop.. search for it here and you'll find it.. (hint: look for it in the big N900 mods thread)..

Originally Posted by hopla View Post

I found the portrait mode and it works for me: http://maemocentral.com/2010/01/14/d...g-on-the-n900/

And thanks for the phone app shortcut I got to work to like you said.

How abou tthe firmware version I have anyone? Is it latest or what? Thanks

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by un-named_user View Post
The shortcut should be there, Unless you already have it on another screen/desktop of yours. Swipe left/right on the home screen to check.

Ctrl + shift + o is the right combination and the keyboard has to be closed for the screen to screen to rotate.
Lol and how will you ever press the buttons with the keyboard closed? As far as I know in the newest firmware it autorotates, but only when the keyboard is closed. No key combos.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Lol and how will you ever press the buttons with the keyboard closed? As far as I know in the newest firmware it autorotates, but only when the keyboard is closed. No key combos.
Well I think each time you press the key combo it turns it off or on, so if you turn it on then you can have the keyboard closed and it'll auto rotate. But I just learned something from you now I guess the latest firmware has it already built in right?

It wont connect to my secured dlink router I type in my wpa password and hit finish but when I open web page it fails, but it will connect to my nighbors unsecured wifi. Anyone know whats going on?