Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Can the FM Transmitter Trans mit a phone call through the cars speakers so if someone phones me i can talk to them through the mic but hear them through the cars speakers for added volume?

Thanks,

Marc

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
No, I just tested it with my radio. Apparently the FM Transmitter doesn't work during a call.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the echo would be ridiculous anyway.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
it'll sound weird

try this widget to turn it on or off quickly

> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...e-fmtx-widget/

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
It wouldnt sound weird at all. Strangely enough, there isnt any echo when talking through the car and speakers. I have one of those retro looking audio tapes with a wire and a 3.5 mm connector at the end that allows ALL audio including calls to go through the car audio. I use it all the time and have been since the Nokia 5300 was released. It simply treats the car audio system as Headphones. Somehow (Noise cancellation maybe?) the person on the line CANNOT hear themselves on the speaker.

I was disappointed to have to dig out the "tape" but fortunately my car has a tape and cd player radio system.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I tried this the other day and it worked "echolessly". I was playing a music through the FM TX and received a call and was able to carry conversation flawlessly through the radio.

So the possibility is there how would we be able enable to FM Transmitter so it's connected while your at maemo desktop level & then make calls ect...

So basically enable the FM transmitter without jumping into the media player to do it.

if i activate the transmitter during or before a call the sound still doesnt go trough the transmitter.. it keeps it on the phone speaker. Also tried to set it to speaker during the call but that activates the phone loudspeaker. Is it really possible?

anyone know of a way to force it to go through the transmitter when the transmitter is enabled so we can use it that way ?