Notices

Poll: Decent GBA emulation?
Poll Options
Decent GBA emulation?

So the GBA thing has been coming up recently and many people, including myself, thing that it's a major thing that's missing right now that the N900 is fully capable of emulating at 100% speed.

So this is a petition and a bounty for devs: Please make a good GBA emulator! That would all kinds of awesome! I'm willing to pay/donate!

BTW, is fms' VGBA open source? If so someone other than fms could improve it (since he's not interested in continuing development on it).
Making a nice GUI (like on PSX4all/PicoDrive/DrNokSNES) would be excellent and I'm willing to skin it
________
HALF-BAKED

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't support a petition in this scenario because it comes off as pushy towards people who don't owe us anything.

I would however support a bounty system, 20$ from me to the first person to code an emulator that runs almost all games at full speed with a healthy amount of options and settings (save states, key mapping, and pixel softening is a must) I'm sure others would be willing to add to that amount

P.S. That childish poll isn't going to accomplish anything, who's going to vote against making the N900 a better device?

Last edited by Lazarpandar; 2010-04-23 at 20:47.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
I would donate a small amount ($1-$15) too. I love GBA games and they're now %50~ of my games on N900, since there's no big title for it. I prefer a nDS emulator but don't know if its possible, so better emulation is ok too =)

i wonder could they create a ds emulator maybe if you split the screen down the middle and used one half for top and other for bottom could work maybe,

Originally Posted by Lazarpandar View Post
I wouldn't support a petition in this scenario because it comes off as pushy towards people who don't owe us anything.

I would however support a bounty system, 20$ from me to the first person to code an emulator that runs almost all games at full speed with a healthy amount of options and settings (save states, key mapping, and pixel softening is a must) I'm sure others would be willing to add to that amount

P.S. That childish poll isn't going to accomplish anything, who's going to vote against making the N900 a better device?
I never said anyone owes me or anyone else anything. You missed the point entirely if you think this post is childish. There isn't an option for one vote option. But "hey, that's like, your opinion man" -The Dude

BTW, I don't see a DS emulator coming this year if at all. They're having problems emulating on a PC. Emulating it on a device like this is a whole other problem.
________
Toyota 3s-ge engine specifications

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:54.

tbh though the n900 has more in common with a ds than a pc we have a touchscreen a built in microphone etc they are really the only problem for emulating a ds id say (mostly hardware related due to the ds not having great graphics)

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
DS emulation would be easier on a N900, because they have the same ARM architecture... Anyway, VGBA works perfectly fine on my n810, not understanding where all the hate is coming from.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
BETTER NES emulator too =D

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Yeah I have to second that request for a NES emulator!

VGBA is very usable but i'd agree there is room for improvement.