yes its one of these threads again. i realsise that posting in an N900 version is going to give me an N900 bias

i am swayed towards the droid becuase it looks nicer, more solid, has a better looking keyboard, 4 rows. the OS seems stable compared to maemo. more apps and developers

but i like the look of the UI of maemo. has some cool looking features. 2 cameras, which is really just a novelty. multi tasking looks good. so does firefox browser.

im currently using a blackberry bold 900 and loving it. if that makes any sort of difference to preference between the two

i cant decide!!

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, I had a similar problem choosing. The control stick on the Droid will pay dividends when they get PSX emulation up to scratch. Not sure about the status of SNES emulation on Android, haven't really been following the OS.

Maemo is certainly much more open and allows for true multi-tasking, but as you can probably see we're all waiting for apps to give this phone a work out / demonstrate it's full potential.

In it's current state it's a bit restricting in terms of features. The Droid is a more fully featured device at this point.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Quote Train For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
as u ask at maemo forum i would say n900

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
FireFox browser is terrible, don't use that as a justification point.

Originally Posted by horus View Post
FireFox browser is terrible, don't use that as a justification point.
I agree on this one, toooo slow.

If you have a lot time putting into this phone(n900), then it's fun. But if you are seeking a PHONE(functional smartphone I would say), then not n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kangyu29 For This Useful Post:
Firefox was what was making me want an N900. I like the add on that knows the tabs up on your desktop browser and puts it up on your phone. Looked cool

I don't really have the time to put into the phone and I have no knowledge for writing scripts. Which is what sways me towards the droid

I don't need to run 32 things at once, like I saw on youtube with the n900, but I do love to multitask. How is the droid in the respect?

Basically I like to browse the web, listen to music, and multitask. Which is what I like about my blackberry. Its great for doing multiple things at once.

I like how there's a heap of apps for the droid. Especially docs to go editor edition. As I would be using that for school work

i prefer the hardware keyboard on the n900.
i also like the firefox browser by the tabbing capabilities, when i dont need too much speed.
with overclock, the battery last longer in n900 vs stock droid

but droid has more apps

also with the droid i see a fair few reviews saying it is 'unuseable'
is it really that bad? i am a heavy texter so keyboard is important. i love my bold keyborad

Originally Posted by paul. View Post
also with the droid i see a fair few reviews saying it is 'unuseable'
is it really that bad? i am a heavy texter so keyboard is important. i love my bold keyborad
The DROID keyboard is very, very flat. I tried using one at work (we have several for development) and I found it very hard to touch type on it. Even with its unusual layout, the N900's physical keys are infinitely better.