Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I have completed the latest tarball for an Alternate Window Manager. This one is running Openbox + ROX, and lots of custom configuration.

I have a TARBALL and no place to host it, its roughly 26MB, anybody with some bandwidth that can host the file for me?

I would be happy to host it. I have some shared hosting that I am not really using. PM me and I will try to respond when I get home from work.

you could create a project on maemo garage and have them host the files

I could look into that, I just assume the Garage should be used for people developing software. I am just compiling it and tarring it up, no code changing. I am a hack at best, not a developer.

I'd say throw it up there anyway. Too many good projects are lost to the general public because their hosting goes away and they don't have enough time to put it up somewhere else.

Yes, I ran into this yesterday when I was looking for the poi icons for maemo mapper on the site of the developer for the poi patch to maemo mapper. I'm in the process of making my own icons since I can't find the already existing ones.

I understand, I took your advice and created an account and project, but I have to wait up to 72 hours for it to be approved, if they approve it? If I can I will post it up there. If anyone has anyplace in the meantime let me know.

penguinbait, i can host the tarball in the meantime (will remove it after you settle your maemo project account). i'm running bestbookdeal.com and have good bandwidth.

Here is the post, thanks to lechuck, I posted the link along with my cable modem link.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&goto=newpost

We still need a hosting site, I will have to remove these links in a couple days.

Thanks,

I sent you a pm if you still want hosting.

I am uploading right now, I appreciate it. The webpage is still not showing the file. Its not done uploading yet though.

Thanks espergreen, I will post that link as soon as its up...