Edited

Can I format the phone to factory settings from a setting of the phone itself or by an external software I can use in windows?

Yes or No

I've been reading other topics on the same issue and people have been spending more time explaining what we should do instead of formatting/hard resetting, thus evading the main question.

Edited

If the feature does not exist, will you (Nokia) add it to PR 1.2 instead of making me wait for a developper in this forum to make it... to then realize that it wouldn't run anyways because we would need PR 1.2 to make it work!!!

Last edited by h3llraz0r; 2010-04-29 at 06:48.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
EDITED:
Good luck on your search

Last edited by thefoxtrot; 2010-04-29 at 07:31.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
Nokia, why do you have so many fallguys (fanboys) in the open source community?
I dont think Nokia is listening over here. You need to complain to fallguys_fanboys@nokia.com

I apologize to most who are here to help. I can't get around the fact that PR 1.2 is still not out.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
If you go to settings and when you click on settings, the option pops up "Restore Original Settings", wouldn't that help ?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
did you buy the n900 just for the 1.2 update?

im very happy with my 900mhz beast, with a tweaked transitions.ini

flash games, superior web browsing, my thousands of games due to the thousands of emulators. and im addicted to brain party at the moment!

anyway.....

the answer is yes, thats all you wanted

Last edited by sajman; 2010-04-29 at 06:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to sajman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by manvik60 View Post
If you go to settings and when you click on settings, the option pops up "Restore Original Settings", wouldn't that help ?
no.all stuff installed on emmc stays there.only way to hard reset right now is to flash with both images.no braindead easy way to wipe your data.1.2 update should give us this option from phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by manvik60 View Post

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for something that would reset everything to factory settings like the day you first opened your phone and clear out all the apps/picture/files/updates.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
And how is the phone supposed to remember the factory defaults that you can pretty much modify, delete, and tamper with in various ways in manners?

You just expect the phone to have the latest image of both rootfs and emmc standard build available somewhere? I'm sure a lot of us would be ready to help develop such an application if there was a demand for it, but give us a technical idea on how you would see it. Simply moaning, without bringing anything to the discussion is just that: moaning.

Also, nice attitude you have there. May I recommend you go back to your first message, and edit out all the frankly insulting comments about fanboys and the like?

Thanks,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Also, nice attitude you have there. May I recommend you go back to your first message, and edit out all the frankly insulting comments about fanboys and the like?

Thanks,
No need for any recommendations. It's been edited out of respect for those who help.