Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi All,

Reflashed now - Screen is dead. The screen doens`nt react however it still works but no reaction when touching.

I think I will return to Nokia for a repair. Anybody also had deadscreens?

Saturday I waked up as every day with my N900 and alarm settled.
But this time I could not stop the alarm since the touchscreen was dead. I could``nt even turn off the N900 for a reboot. I simply had to remove the battery.

When I had removed the battery the device turned on again without giving access to the screen and the alarm on and again to start alarm and again no possibility to turn it off.

I have tried to remove the battery 100 times and still a dead touchscreen with not control only alarm with clock showing up.

I have browsed and search for a comon thread with this issue but I did not managed to find it. Do you think my device needs to go a repair?

However I can get access to mass storage on the device but not pc suite mode.

I hope you clever guys can help me out sorting this problem.

Thanks in advance.

regards.

Last edited by Watergate; 2010-05-02 at 10:36.

I know this doesn't help you but I have had this happen to my phone too. After I took the battery out and reinstalled it, it worked ok. Sounds like your problem is worse though.

I think Nokia must change my screen since it is dead ;(

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Might it be possible that you or your spouse has punched the N900 in frustration when it wakes you up?

Because I've discovered my alarm clock lying in pieces on my floor once when I woke fully 2 hours after it rang.

Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Might it be possible that you or your spouse has punched the N900 in frustration when it wakes you up?

Because I've discovered my alarm clock lying in pieces on my floor once when I woke fully 2 hours after it rang.
No, because I could`nt turn the device off since I had no access to the screen as it did`nt worked and thats the problem!

My N900 is turned in for a repair. Touchscreen did`nt worked and they said it might be a cable connection.

Status of repair: 12-18 working days. **** always happens!

Hy, the same thing happened to me... Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by dav4488 View Post
Hy, the same thing happened to me... Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Buy something more reliable!

My alarm has crashed my n900 several times, however I have been able to take out the battery which resolved the problem, pain in the *** though