Notices

Ok not sure if this is the place for this or if it is even possible, But here it goes.

Okay we start off with the fact that we have 4 desktops on the n900. Not sure about other people but at the end of putting stuff on them i normally always come out with have at least one empty.

Now i know you can turn some off if you like but i taught there is space that could be used for a full widget.

My idea for a widget would be simple.

An internet browser!!!

the basic idea being that you scroll through the screens and you could to one that is a full white page that has an address bar on it for checking sites online.

seems like a simple idea from my perspective but making it probably isnt easy at all.

My question is to everyone capable of making something like this. What would be involved, Is it possible, Can you make it.

even just an extension of microb browser would be great giving the ability to surf right there and then and it always being active and ready, simply click on it and it will start connecting!!

So comments here on whether this is a possible idea, good idea or if im and idiot and should jump off a cliff for even thinking of this!!

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hungary
Very useful idea! thx

I don't know how to create widgets for the desktop, but I know that it's fairly easy to get started with a web browser using the QtWebKit module.
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qtwebkit.html
Combining this with the Home Screen Widget example should probably give someone a push in the right direction:
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010...creen-widgets/

The idea sounds pretty decent, but I'm also guessing this will quickly become the most battery consuming widget we have yet seen!

maybe we could use opera mini on the half desktop for making a widget just like on the series 40 screen.. :-D