Active Topics

Poll: Is apple taking over the Tech world?
Poll Options
Is apple taking over the Tech world?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1225863428119

NINTENDO is preparing to unleash the full force of its development and marketing artillery against Apple after profits tumbled at the Japanese giant for the first time in six years

Apple is also making celebrities apologies if they dare mock their products. Has Microsoft become the good one?? Lol apple is the new evil

http://www.news.com.au/technology/el...-1225863085506

Have you seen the Jon Stewart sketch on Apple?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-2010/appholes

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Have you seen the Jon Stewart sketch on Apple?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-2010/appholes
yes. lol why is apple such a baby??

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I wonder if anyone could predict how much portable gaming market could the iPhone get. Even apple didn't expect the success garnered in that sector.

I guess it speaks volumes about how their device's simplified design can appeal to more people and be flexible enough to be repurposed.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Well haven't Nintendo already milked enough the Wii? It is high time for a hardware upgrade. Color doesn't count.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I guess it speaks volumes about how their device's simplified design can appeal to more people and be flexible enough to be repurposed.
I don't like Apple but they have the advantage:

a) games are cheap
b) phone is always with you
c) games available almost instantly (cartridges are so 80's)

For the casual gamer, what else do you want? Maybe a decent controller but most will opt for the slim fit in your pocket iphone than something much bulkier that needs its own carrier.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
I don't like Apple but they have the advantage:

a) games are cheap
b) phone is always with you
c) games available almost instantly (cartridges are so 80's)

For the casual gamer, what else do you want? Maybe a decent controller but most will opt for the slim fit in your pocket iphone than something much bulkier that needs its own carrier.
I think Nintendo's largest problem is that they captured the "casual gamer" market with the DS and the Wii. Which the iPhone and iPod Touch do extremely well. They need more games in which the iPhone and the iPod Touch can't really do well (either do to the type of control scheme, or the dual screens, etc..). But then they're going back to that market in which only the "non-casual" gamers would have a DS/PSP/etc.. (like my cousins, and me). Which doesn't have the same numbers as the "casual gamer".

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
nice, love it

apple hater and nintendo fanboy

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Canada
imo the only place where Apple is legitimate competition is price, because console games --including handheld games-- are overpriced (there are way too many games that shouldn't be over $20). In order to sell these games, developers focus on hype instead of the start to finish game experience. Otherwise Apple's other advantages would be an easy to compete with fad, zero threat one or two console generations from now. But as long as users are wiling to pay high prices, game publishers are going to continue to take as much as they can.