Notices

Does anyone have it installed? I have it installed and working (typed in rygel in xterm) and I can see the N900 in the N900's media player and the MediaBox application by pycage. But I can't seem to see it on any other computer (desktop running Ubuntu's media player, sister's laptop running Vista using Windows Media Player). The uPnP control point software doesn't pick it up either..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
I tried installing it once a couple of months ago. I never could get it to work. It just didn't come up--there was no launcher icon for it, and running the command in the terminal didn't seem to do anything.

Oh, and on top of all that it also ate the Maemo 5 metapackage, so I couldn't do OTA updates.

Last edited by FreeThinker; 2010-05-09 at 02:32.

I just installed Rygel and it shows up in Windows Explorer.
But as an Other Device rather than a Media Device.

Also, in XBMC media center, I can see the N900 with folders (video, pictures) but I cannot get into those folders.

So it's not working for me. MediaTomb is a way nicer solution, except it doesn't work for me either. :P Segmentation Fault is what I get when adding media.

Did anyone figure out why Rygel doesn't show up in XMBC media center or Windows media player. I have the same problem.