Notices

This morning I discovered two pleasant surprises on Fennec / Firefox. The first is that PDF printing is now built in! Just click on the page's icon next to the URL field for an option to save the page as a PDF. The second is that a print dialogue and options window shows up when you click on a link that instigates a physical print. The problem is that I don't have any printers to choose from. Now, I don't have CUPS installed; so, I can't actually print, but maybe someone who does can try to print.

What do you guys think? I think this is a dream come true!

Nice.. Can you add wireless printers ?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
So how do you actually add a printer? We'we got a Wifi-enabled printer at home, and I want to try
(Although I got a feeling that I won't be able to for a while)

theoretically, if you get cups installed, you could print to any supported printer. The other challenge is figuring out how to force the print dialogue (because it only comes up on pages with that force a print) or how to print a pdf as a workaround. Otherwise, it looks like the framework is there.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
You could probably write a bookmarklet which loads a basic stylesheet and injects a "Print page" link. So where can I get cups?

I think penguinbait has a native package for diablo. You could also install it via easy debian, but I don't know if fennec would have access to those libraries. I'm hoping one of our senior guys could weigh in.

How would one write a bookmarklet?

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
you can get cups in easydebian

Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
you can get cups in easydebian
I did mention that. However, I have not reinstalled it in the latest version that I have. The question is whether or not Diablo can talk to the Easy Debian packages. Can it?

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
im talkin bout n900 not n810 or n800

Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
im talkin bout n900 not n810 or n800
I'm talking about the n810 or the n800. However, both the n900 and the n8x0 run Fennec and Easy Debian.