Active Topics

This one's probably something simple I've overlooked...
Apparently I'm one of the few people who still have a Hotmail address (had same account for 12 years, no complaints, and no reason so far to switch to another account).
I've set it up on my new N900 with just one problem: the JUNK folder is nowhere to be found. If I get an e-mail from a previously unknown address, it goes into JUNK by default. Obviously, I need to see those messages when they arrive, so how do I get the JUNK messages to push to my phone?
I have INBOX, DRAFTS, OUTBOX, and SENT folders.
Just for kicks, I manually added a folder called "junk" on the phone, but no dice.
Other than JUNK, there are also other folders that I maintain for purposes of organization, and those don't appear either.

What am I missing? Do I need some separate e-mail app?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I have no idea about Hotmail's specific settings. Is that a virtual folder? How does it behave in other desktop email clients?

I couldn't say. I've never used another web-based e-mail, and I've never accessed my Hotmail except through a browser.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
As far as I know this is related to IMAP vs POP3
IMAP would allow you to synchronize your folders as well as read/unread status of messages.
From what I've read this is the most requested feature of Hotmail but no dice so far (maybe with the new summer refresh).

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Same thing here. With my Gmail account, I have all of my folders but not with my two Hotmail accounts. I have had a hotmail account since around 1998.....and named it after the then upcoming release of Cruis'n World..........for Nintendo 64....would be nice if I could have my folders....please. LOL