Active Topics

all you are thinking .. "Here is another undecided breaking balls with his comparisons between the terminals."
But doubts are devouring me
I ordered a few days ago an N900, although in reality I already owned four months ie from November to March approximately.

But this morning I received a catalog at home .. And the front page the Samsung Bada to 399 € .. (I paid the N900 466 euros shipped ) ..
And I came on the bulb .. (The bulb of the right of withdrawal )

Best hardware platform .. :

1) Cortex processor 1 GHz
2) Bluetooth 3.0
3) Recording movies in HD
4) AMOLED display
5) Wi-Fi standard N

.. All combined with something far more important than hardware ...
A software support worthy of the name.
Here is a small example .. :

http://www.bada.com/category/blog/

MONEY disbursed from the same Samsung to attract developers ..
Not to mention the support of the 10.1 flash from samsung, nokia something denied to us.
And finally, also note the excellent games signed Gameloft, whose port has been carried out on Wave and in BADA thanks to Samsung. (Not that the games are my first thought .. but it does not hurt ..)

all at a price much lower than N900 ...

Concluding the speech ... How about BADA? Say that offer the same opening Maemo, since Samsung professes it as Open, or it is "only" a sort of Android?
How open it is?

I love the freedom of maemo ... and if Bada proves to be similar, but with the backing of good support from Samsung, it would not have rivals ..

Last edited by Dany-69; 2010-05-25 at 14:34.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
That is one interesting OS. I have seen multi-tasking in BADA and it more or less equals Maemo.

Last edited by resplendent2209; 2010-05-25 at 14:45.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Samsung is a cutthroat company... I don't doubt their ability to execute and they understand the market very very well. Just look at the bounty on that compo.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

So no one knows what Bada in based on and how open it is?

Bada is not open at all, it is based on a propertary RTOS with a proprietary API.

Samsung is trying to set up a locked down environment similar to what the iPhone provides.

All I can say lame why would you want the wave instead of the n900. The design of the wave feels uninspired looks like any other Samsung phone. The addition of wifi at n speed is pretty cool. Bluetooth 3.0 sounds very cool but there are no accessories out there built for 3.0 however older accessories will work. Bada looks kinda cool but is just another platform that doesn't allow hacking and tweaking as for the games there are now some pretty awesome ones on Ovi Sotre with pr 1.2. As for hd movies on screen only 3.3 inches hd video recording is a nice touch but not really necessary. As for price in the United States the Samsung wave is 600-800 dollars for a device with only 2gb of storage and the n900 400-500 dollars has 32gb of storage and physical keyboard with a larger screen. The n900 in my opinion is a better device that is a better value.

Originally Posted by Dany-69 View Post
3) Recording movies in HD
I could be wrong, but the N900 also records movies in HD, doesn't it? It records in 720p, and AFAIK that's HD.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
All I can say lame why would you want the wave instead of the n900. The design of the wave feels uninspired looks like any other Samsung phone. The addition of wifi at n speed is pretty cool. Bluetooth 3.0 sounds very cool but there are no accessories out there built for 3.0 however older accessories will work. Bada looks kinda cool but is just another platform that doesn't allow hacking and tweaking as for the games there are now some pretty awesome ones on Ovi Sotre with pr 1.2. As for hd movies on screen only 3.3 inches hd video recording is a nice touch but not really necessary. As for price in the United States the Samsung wave is 600-800 dollars for a device with only 2gb of storage and the n900 400-500 dollars has 32gb of storage and physical keyboard with a larger screen. The n900 in my opinion is a better device that is a better value.
Excuse me. What new games for pr1.2 at Ovi Store are you talking about? Angry Birds? Bounce Evolution?... Airport Touch?
Regards.
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
The new game around here is guessing when there will be new games for the n900.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by The_Legend View Post
I could be wrong, but the N900 also records movies in HD, doesn't it? It records in 720p, and AFAIK that's HD.
720p comes from the vertical resolution...