Active Topics

Notices

Hey, just flashed my N900 with PR1.2 and noticed the Personal Data Plan Monitor widget (which I particularly liked!) is no longer updating with the data count.

Anyone else experienced this? Any idea how I can get it to work?

The counter under Settings > Phone > Data Plan is updating fine.

Thanks

Dave

damn your right, didn't test it yesterday i hope this gets fixed soon

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Yes, was noticed on the leaked one too. It is doubtless due to that fact that there are now two areas for data usage collection (home and roaming). I expect the developer will be busy as we speak. There are alternatives. Also mentioned in the pr1.2 bugs thread.

John

Hey, thanks for the quick (!) and informative replies, that's very helpful.

I have to say I absolutely adore this phone, the Data Plan Monitor not updating is hardly a show-stopper but it'd be nice. Hoping a lot more apps/widgets appear for it over the next few months. Might look into developing a few myself!

can you clear the dapa plan monitor and then see if it starts updating? there was a problem with calnder widget not showing birhtdays and it works when u re add birhtdays tickmark under settings. May be u can try re installing that widget to see if tat starts working.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's a working update in repos already.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
i have something else funnier happening...

the wid stays at 00 and going to the settings>phone>roaming net data also shows 00

but connecting by 3g and listening some internet radio, and checking the "home net counter".... it runs very very fast...

so at least on my phone, after upgrade, there has been somehow a swat between the home counter and the roaming counter... isn't it???

is this a bug? i just downloaded the widget, but still the same..

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There's a working update in repos already.
Is this in extras-devel or something? When I try and download "Personal Dataplan Monitor" from the App manager on my newly-reflashed PR1.2 it just gets version 0.5-5 which still isn't updating, even if I clear the data counter in Settings > Phone. Checking for updates in App Manager reports "No Updates Available."

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I have the same problem!
Maybe it's not the widget itself for my settings->roaming says: 0 bye uploaded & 0 byte downloaded

Guessing that PDM gets its data from the built-in counter

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
You could download it direct: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t....6-3_armel.deb and then use (via xterm, you'll need to run it as root I believe):

Code:
dpkg -i personal-gprs-mon_0.6-3_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post: