Active Topics

Hi every body ...
I have been trying to update my n900 since yesterday , but i didn't succeed , i read somewhere in this forum that i need at least 55 MB free rootfs in order to run the update in my phone , but i only have 16 mb free, I couldn't update from the nokia updater. any idea how to increase my rootf memory?
what programs should i uninstall ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
i followed the instructions in this page , but i couldn't increase it more than 10 mb.

i deletet all games and a lot of tools until i had about 70 mb.
then it worked

just delete pretty much all ur apps. disabling repos helps.

i am quite new here but i found the wiki to be a great tool

here you go:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space
edit: didnt notice you already got this answer
you can always reflash your device you wont lose anything doing so (from what i understand)

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
You need 50 mb of free rootfs atleast i did. I had 33.1 mb free space and couldn't download OTA but when i hit 50.03 mb of free space i could

It's not always about space. Sometimes you might have conflicting packages that won't allow you to install even if you have free space

i still didn't install it.. bah i also got only 33MB i wonder how the hell it gets filled up so quickly

anyways i will probably reflash it and everything i have on it (dont ask me why :P) when ill get the time to do so and start fresh with1.2

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@weedalot a flash will make it as out of the box so yes it will delete apps. Apps put some files on the rootfs and they get deleted when flashing hence the app gets deleted. Do you have any QT demo files/apps installed they fill up alot of rootfs space i deleted those and allso extras-decel apps can take up alot of rootfs space

@bachagabriel thats true, but it's only a few apps and games like openarena and Quake. Thats the ones i remember causing trouble when upgrading FW

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-05-27 at 07:46.