i am having a problem with my wifi connection on my n900, every time i try to use it it works for a couple of minuets then is just halts!!! the solution is to disconnect my n900 from the connection and reconnect so that it will work again.
i even flashed my phone with the latest framework that didnt help
any ideas?

I got the same problem! Any help?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Without more information then it will be difficult for anyone to help you guys. Is this all WiFi points or just specific ones? Do you know the routers you are connecting to in case it it specific to specific setups? What security/encryption settings do you have for the connection?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
I've got also the same problem. I don't know exatly whats causing it but I found from the Wiki a propable source for the connection problem. So I figured it could be the power-saving option in the WLAN connection's additional settings (Settings -> Internet conenctions -> Connections -> Edit "your connection" -> Advanced -> Other -> Power saving). As the Wiki suggests, all routers don't support this option and therefore the connection is lost if not used.

Because I don't want to buy a new router, I've set AutoDisconnect to cut of my home-wlan if it's not used. Don't really know is this the reason for the problem but this solution makes a difference beacause I don't have to manually connect-disconnect the wlan every time I want to use it.

EDIT: And when I fiddled with the settings I noticed the connection is not halting when the power-saving mode is off, but it drains the battery pretty quickly..

Last edited by pelantti; 2010-05-31 at 05:47.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
You can change the wifi connection power. Settings -> Internet connections -> Connections -> select your wifi connection -> Edit -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Advanced -> Other -> WLAN transmission power -> use 100 mW here. Mine works flawlessly with 100 mW and energy savings activated, but you might want to experiment on these two settings.

I run into a thead saying this is an known issue and is being fixed.... Do you guys know that if there is a fix released already? thanks

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Turku, Finland
I've had this problem since pr1.1 release. Before that WiFi worked fine.
The power saving or other settings don't make a difference.
I've given up hoping this will be fixed, as I suspect it's a problem with only some hardware and not enough people having this problem.

My WLAN-router is Buffalo Nfiniti WHRG300N.

I have 'fixed' the problem at my home by setting up a periodic ping from my desktop-computer to my phone (as the Wifi only freezes if it's unused for 5-10 minutes.)