Notices

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi, i just installed the F1 app through the Application manager. Not sure which repository it was in.

The first time i launched the app, i was asked to enter the username and password for the formula1 live scores account. I did that and it closed. Does it work only when the live timing is on during a Grand Prix weekend?

You need to be connected to the net first.
It quits if you're offline.

Originally Posted by nithin View Post
Hi, i just installed the F1 app through the Application manager. Not sure which repository it was in.

The first time i launched the app, i was asked to enter the username and password for the formula1 live scores account. I did that and it closed. Does it work only when the live timing is on during a Grand Prix weekend?
i did not know there was an app for f1 on n900, i had it on my x6 which was great

Originally Posted by seba View Post
You need to be connected to the net first.
It quits if you're offline.
Yes, i was connected. It just displays some copyright info in the x-terminal and closes after a few seconds. Maybe i should try when there is a live session going on.

@dogbed: Yes, there is a Live-F1 app. Just look for it in extras-devel or testing.

I also came across some posts where they installed some java ports onto the n900 and ran a symbian based F1 app on the N900.

Then i came across this last night. Great app though. I think it was initially done for OS2008.

Last edited by nithin; 2010-05-31 at 10:34.

Yes, i was connected. It just displays some copyright info in the x-terminal and closes after a few seconds. Maybe i should try when there is a live session going on.
It seems that f1.com is changing sth with the api. Now it shows some random characters s**t or just quits like you said.
From what I recall, live-f1 app shows the last results for some period of time (like a week) and shows a notice message of upcoming event after that.

I guess i have to just wait till the next GP.

@dogbed: Yes, there is a Live-F1 app. Just look for it in extras-devel or testing.

I also came across some posts where they installed some java ports onto the n900 and ran a symbian based F1 app on the N900.

Then i came across this last night. Great app though. I think it was initially done for OS2008.
Thanks nithin
although i try to avoid devel or testing because i nearly broke my n900 last time i visited there.

I've been using live-f1 on my n800 for a two years and it worked ok. BUT starting this year F1 changed their API and it doesn't work anymore. I now use their official app on my e71. But I think they have a mobile version of their site - m.formula1.com that should work ok.

The desktop version of the site doesn't work on my n800 because it requires java.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
I saw the last live timings (race istanbul) and there was no problems...It works very well with PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by PipoXtreme View Post
I saw the last live timings (race istanbul) and there was no problems...It works very well with PR 1.2.
Thanks for the confirmation.