As a I plan to buy a big microSD for media files card soon and I have a full /home/ partition, I think that I don't need a fat32 partition on the internal flash anymore, but I still want to use MyDocs like before in the file manager and applications except that I will use a big ext3 (29gb) partition. I think that I will use the 4th solution in http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash, without create a loopback file (and edit fstab ? I don't know how it is handled on Maemo5) so /home/ and /home/MyDocs/ will be working in the same partition, right ?
-Does this will have any downside ? i.e. I saw that the Camera application have issues with saving pictures and video to ext3 partition, does this is fixed in PR 1.2 ? (I think that I will record to microSD, but I still want to have all working if I retire the SD card.)
- What it will do if I switch on the usb storage mode ? Do I need to edit osso storage mode scripts ?
-It is safe to backup my /home/ partition and restore it after repartitioning with ssh and filezilla ?

Bump. Nobody knows ?

Bump again ...

and again ...

and again... and again... and again...
I bought the 32go Sandisk microSD. I can compare the performance with the NAND and other cards when I will recieve it if someone is interested

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Sounds interesting.How much did the 32 gb microsd cost and where did you buy it?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Sounds interesting.How much did the 32 gb microsd cost and where did you buy it?
I bought it 130€ on materiel.net, a french internet website who sell software and hardware.

And I already search that on google and maemo wiki but some points are still unclear for me.

Sorry but bump again...

Bump again.