...but I got >50 hours of TV/Movies to watch on my SD cards and plenty of battery power to last while I am bored stiff by myself working as a Secuirty Guard 12 hours per day... and of course surf the internet in style! Oh... and I almost forgot... TOTAL protection and it weighs <1 pound!! (Note: weighs <1.5 pounds with Think Outside Slim Bluetooth Keyboard & DigiKlear Pen)

I carry all this around my waist in my waterproof FANNY PACK every night at work...

Case Logic PLT-2 Strongman PDA Case (everything inside case except Keyboard & Pen)
Nokia N800 Internet Tablet (1st Battery + Extra Stylus)
Nokia 1500mAH BP-5L Battery (2nd Battery)
Maxcell 1900mAH BP-5L Battery (3rd Battery)
16GB SD Memory (4x 4GB 150X Transcend SD)
3" Black Tweezerman Slant Tip Tweezers (easily removes Battery & SD)
2 Slim SD Memory Cases
EXiM SPUC Screen Protector
Think Outside Slim Bluetooth Keyboard
DigiKlear Pen

-----
eBay $15.99 USD - Case Logic PLT-2 Strongman PDA Case
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...7642&rd=1&rd=1

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-05-01 at 10:13.

Pretty cool.

Does it get in the way of your weapon?

:-)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Does that Maxcell battery really give more running time?

And if so, where (preferrably on "Ye Olde Contynent") is it to be got?

No it doesn't get in the way cuz lucky for me my gun fits nicely in my coat pocket.

I haven't notcied much difference with the Maxcell but give me a few days and i will run some tests on all 3 of my batteries and let you know.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
Originally Posted by rm -rf View Post
Pretty cool.

Does it get in the way of your weapon?

:-)
<to be taken as a joke>

he is a security guard. he throws his keys a people, and considers that a weapon...

</to be taken as a joke>
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
3" Black Tweezerman Slant Tip Tweezers (easily removes Battery & SD)
You don't need tweezers to remove the SD. There's a little ridge at the bottom front of the card that you can catch with your fingernail and just slide the card out. This works a lot better than using tweezers, IMO.

Originally Posted by artkavanagh View Post
You don't need tweezers to remove the SD. There's a little ridge at the bottom front of the card that you can catch with your fingernail and just slide the card out. This works a lot better than using tweezers, IMO.
Yes but removing battery is much easier with tools like that. Try it and you'll notice the difference.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I find it easy to take out both, with the battery you use your finger nail and hook it underneath the bottom left corner and bring your finger down, kind of like a crow bar, and the battery pops out a little enough for you to take it out.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
...but I got >50 hours of TV/Movies to watch on my SD cards and plenty of battery power to last while I am bored stiff by myself working as a Secuirty Guard 12 hours per day...

Sounds like you've mastered the conversion of DVD's to the N800. I've tried several programs and haven't found the one that works well yet. My N800 will play the first 5-10 secs of a converted video, then it freezes and/or goes into very slow-motion. Can your share your advice for best ways to convert DVD for viewing on the Nokia N800? Thanks.

#1... Upgrade your Nokia N800 to "OS 2007 edition v. 3.2007.10-7"

I bought a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 Personal Video Recorder" for my PC notebook and I schedule alot of programs to record Live TV while I am away. I record at the lowest setting (MPEG1 VCD = 352x240 Screen Resolution, 1150 Video Birate, 224 Audio Birate) and this give me 6 hours of unconverted TV on a 4GB SD card and it runs perfectly! I only use this method if I do not have time to convert the TV recordings (I need to hurry up and goto work). I wish I could manually change the settings on the Hauppauge WinTV to get a smaller file but oh well... this is where the wonderful program "Media Converter 1.30" comes into play... I usually use this program to convert these huge files down to much smaller files (N800 Highest Movie Quality = 400x240 Screen Resolution, 512 Video Birate, 64 Audio Birate, "NO" CROP VIDEO, "YES" 2 PASSES, "YES" ENHANCE COLOR, "YES" AUDIO GAIN) and this gives me 15 hours per 4GB SD card and it runs perfectly!

1st SD card = 30 episodes of "Scrubs" (30 min each)
2nd SD card = 15 episodes of various Crime TV shows (1 hour each)
3rd SD card = Reserved for various Live TV shows (mainly sports... NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, WWE)
4th SD card = Reserved for "Ultimate Fighter Season 5" (all 13 episodes + final)
5th SD card = Reserved for various Discovery Channel shows (coming soon)

Note: I will then have 20GB on my Nokia N800 and I love the unlimited wide seceletion of targeted shows I get to watch. Jerry Springer on my old 3" portable TV @ 12am doesn't cut it anymore AND even carrying 2 devices with me at once doesn't cut it anymore... I like having 12 STRAIGHT hours of MYinternet/MYvideo with me at work and it's <1 pound!!!!!!!! Plus when people see me with this "PDA" it is "ok" but a full blown notebook is too big to carry and be seen with on the job. If I bought the "OQO Model 02" and wanted it to run for this long (with 2 extra batteries) and protect it with a strongman case... it would cost me $4000USD and weight 2 pounds and be much bulkier! Not acceptable!!

PS: And I am always planning ahead... I am still recording "Scrubs" on a daily basis (I only started watching it a month ago and it is soooo funny) and when I have seen them all I will pick a new program to watch daily. The various Crime TV shows is a mix of "City Confidential", "American Justice", "Cold Case Files", "America's Most Wanted", "Cops", & "Columbo".

If you download movies from the net and it doesn't work with Media Converter then I have no idea what to do. I hope this helps.

Last edited by euchreprof; 2007-04-01 at 09:23.