Just now,someone just played with my N900 and then he pointed his green laser into my camera and tried to capture it. But then i've found out parts of my N900 camera's lens have burnt by the laser. It's permanant i guess... Ouch... heartache! I'm here just to remind people never point lasers into your camera... And never lend your phone to someone else unless they REALLY need it...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MaxJP For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yeah man... those green lasers are few steps up more powerful than the red laser pointer ones.

Sorry for your loss. But thanks for posting that warning. Ouch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Thanks man. Some people just too selfish to take care of other's property, even though you trusted them...

The Following User Says Thank You to MaxJP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I hope your friend is paying for the repairs...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Hmm... Can the camera be repaired? Like changing the whole thing?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
@MaxJP: I think a Nokia repair centre can order and install a new module for you, but it will probably cost you.

BTW, ordinary remote controls can be pointed at the N900 camera,it wont do any damage(and it's great since you could check if the remote is working or not).

Wow! really? N900's camera can capture IR? I've oc'ed my N900, hope they don't mind that though...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Make him buy your phone and you buy a new one. Why should you suffer.

Heh. He's using SE Satio eh... 12.1 Mp camera... I think I've always being too nice eh...He din't even realize that he damaged my camera...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
you can you lend me your phone once in a while, so that i can expirement new stuff, and not get in trouble