Active Topics

Hey!

Just wanted to know what are your thoughts on:

1- Droid 2
2- Droid Extreme (not the same as above)
3- What exciting Android devices with physical keyboards coming out/existing now, other than Droid 1? [And I am talking "heavy" smartphones, not 3mp photosnappers with 500mhz processors]

Your thoughts?

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
wrong forum to be asking these kind of questions.

just kidding but the droid 2 could be better if the keyboard isnt flat. Oh and they magically make a deal with zeiss and it gets decent optics. I swear that if the phone makers dont wake up and realize that it isnt magapixels but optics then there never going to be really competitive.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yep. Optics and physical sensor size.

Why would I want to waste storage space on blurry (when zoomed) super-high resolution images?? Unless the picture quality is DSLR quality, I'd rather save them in <5 megapixel size.

PS: Yeah, not the right forum for the original question
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

I think the endless onslaught of Android devices can be described like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXxZB...eature=related

Shame, it should be Meego doing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsJu1zyQ-7U

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

But what good keyboard enabled Android devices are coming out then? The Droid2 seems like a letdown if the leaked specs are true. Same 5mp camera, among other let downs.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by BN900 View Post
But what good keyboard enabled Android devices are coming out then?
the n900 is quite a good android device

if anyone cared, you could probably even get iphoneOS to run on it too, the hardware is very similar between n900, Pre and iPhone.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
The droid 2 keyboard looks a bit like the N900s
http://gizmodo.com/5560566/motorola-...nd-photos-leak

I tried out a milestone when we bought one at work for testing, I was very tempted by it, and one thing I didn't like too much was the keyboard, so this could be a real step forward.

I was very surprised at the useability of the tiny keyboard on my E71, I had a zaurus 6000 before with a sort of chiclet keyboard which wasn't as good despite being bigger.

Originally Posted by BN900 View Post
But what good keyboard enabled Android devices are coming out then? The Droid2 seems like a letdown if the leaked specs are true. Same 5mp camera, among other let downs.
with the sizes of the lenses, there's probably no point in having more than maybe 2 megapixels.

I note that the megapixel war is largely over, probably ended by Olympus who actually came out and said that science was finally winning over marketing... the latest canon G series had less than its predecessor.

Of course the design of the Droid 2 is much sleek than Droid X, but the aesthetic look can’t make it a cool device. The Droid X did good business as the deice was outsold on the release day itself, so Droid 2 still needs to gather some pace in order to establish itself as Motorola’s best device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WirelessPhoneGallery.com
The best source for all Motorola Droid 2 Accessories and Motorola Droid Xtreme Accessories.