Active Topics

Notices

Afternoon all,

I have read the other forum for beta for N900 users, but have just logged into tvcatchup to have a browse on the forums, and low and behold, it offered me a low bandwith tab for the channels, this works perfectly on my N900 (a little pausing and very little pixellation, favourably comparable to iPlayer quality). This means I now have live stream access to all the UK freeview channels, eat that cut down service iPhone users .

I am a happy man now, can watch World Cup while out and about, happy days.

EDIT:-
This seems to be a BETA which is only open to certain SP's, I am on SKY, but do not know which other SPs are taking part, good luck though, it is good!

Last edited by mayfairman; 2010-06-13 at 17:57. Reason: new info

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mayfairman For This Useful Post:
Used it yeasterday to watch argentina game via 3G, was ok, still too stuttery/joggy.... But maybe normal tv programs are better as less hectic movement on screen...

WAs pretty good on the F1 this afternoon, but that was on Wi-Fi though.

Apparently Vodaphone block tvcatchup streams on 3g so it has to be wifi only, which does work pretty well upto now

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
Apparently Vodaphone block tvcatchup streams on 3g so it has to be wifi only, which does work pretty well upto now
I use tv catch up via vodafone on my iphone and it works perfectly

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London, UK
Hi!
Just found this thread and thought I'd give it a go. Connected fine and currently watching BBC News on my N900. Picture and audio are fairly well in sync. Using wi-fi via Virgin Media. BBC 3 seems ok too but Sky News was stuttery as could be.

Check out arajantie's script, I find that the viewing is of higher quality:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54073

There's a little bit of work involved but it works every time for me.

Originally Posted by Rebeldiamond View Post
I use tv catch up via vodafone on my iphone and it works perfectly
Maybe its not blocked on the iphone on Voda, but tvcatchup have spoke to Voda and Voda have said they do packet shaping etc so TVcatchup wont work

tvcatchup has a specific set of cut down h264 streams for iPhone, thats why it works better on there, its been designed to.

Last edited by mayfairman; 2010-06-15 at 10:55. Reason: spelling

FYI. The TVCatchup script which allows us to play the iphone stream on mplayer works fine on vodafone.
The beta streams are being blocked for some reason.