Active Topics

Just removed the plastic cover around the original nokia battery and saw this:

The reason i did this is because loads of people on my forum did it. and with non official batteries they came to the conclusion that most of them are crap.

so is the 1950 mah battery sold as the gold battery actualy a 1200 mah battery if you remove the gold cover. and most fake (original batteries have a 950 mah printed on metal case.

But i think the orriginal battery that was in the box with the n900 is actually a samsung battery is hilarious!

Last edited by sygys; 2010-06-15 at 08:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for researching this. I'm not sure why this is hilarious, though.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
It only makes me sad somehow, is there any "real" battery which has really a few more mAh?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Was you cell made in korea?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
You'll most likely find the screen on your TV was manufactured by Samsung as well.

But the fake battery is just lol.

watchout buying batteries that look orriginal from ebay. first of all they have printed 950 mAh under the sticker and second they die as soon as they hit 40% me and some friends all experienced this problem.

i really recommend buying orriginal batteries in orriginal nokia packages. because even the holographic sticker on the fake nokia batteries are almost identical to the ones nokia uses. you can only see the difference when you compare it with an orriginal one.

95% of the batteries that are sold for about 10~20 dollar are fake. even if the seller garantees its not.

yes n900 made in korea. yours?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Oops sorry I wasn't clear, when I asked about the cell. (I was intending to imply the Lithium Polymer cell )

The battery that I have is made in China. But the phone is made in korea.

Does Samsung make the phone for NOKIA?
Attached Images

Last edited by noipv4; 2010-06-15 at 09:22.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Has anyone tested Japod BL-5J in N900?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32398

I have had Japods in other Nokia phones and they have performed well. I have no equipment to test the capacities but they seem to be as good as promised what comes to runtime..

(Nokia energy profiler gives 1105 mAh capacity for Japod BP-6MT in a Nokia E51, but don't know if it can trusted)

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
But i think the orriginal battery that was in the box with the n900 is actually a samsung battery is hilarious!
Because samsung also make phones? The battery arm of Samsung wll have very little to do with the phone arm. Samsung make a lot of stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Group

In fact, Samsung probably also made the earth mover/digger that dug the ground on which the Nokia factory is built, if you understand my point.. ?