Notices

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Downloaded it, couldn't do anything either. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Same. Shame, this is a really interesting area. Nokia could be on to a real first here, esp with video out on the N900 for video glasses! :-)

The power of the GPS and camera mix could be used to real effect.

You need the markers which can be downloaded here
More info can be found on the homepage of the app which can be found here.

For me it works. Two beautiful houses. It's very cool!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cootje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
This works beautifully for me too, and i'm damn glad it's finally available, i'm excited as hell to see the possibility of ideas like this being developed further.
I would imagine the OP simply didnt realise the markers are needed, if you purely want to see the app in use you dont actually need to print them, the app will recognise the markers just fine displayed on your screen (though it will ofc give you vertical houses).

Pretty interesting little demo.
One could imagine some sort of commercial campaign where in big cities some places would have these markers displayed on the street etc. Have people download some app with this technology included, bind the marker to gps location (so you wouldn't be able to cheat) and so on....
Endless possibilities, maybe have the marker to open a secret web page etc or instead of a 3d model display some hint to some game whatnot..

Very cool stuff

//K

The Following User Says Thank You to Kee For This Useful Post:

This has to be the most exciting app in development. Can't wait to see more people taking up and applying the technology. Some issues I've found: Sometimes the video is very green; the markers can be pretty jumpy; and I can’t seem to fix new sun positions, as in when i press the sun icon, the shadow is not repositioned.

Last edited by yamsas; 2010-06-16 at 21:08.

looks so nice when I position the markers inside my model railroad besides the tracks...
I like it!

here is a sceenshot:
http://share.ovi.com/media/rm53.N900-Fotos/rm53.10221

Last edited by rm53; 2010-06-16 at 21:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm53 For This Useful Post:
just came across another AR app, which interesting enough is available for the nokia n97 and in the OVI store, called wikitude... maybe we should all ask them to port it over to the n900, specially as it already exists in many platform, see this list.