Hello,

my biggest problem with my n900 actually is the bad battery live (respecting my using behaviors).

I'm always online with skype, icq and sipgate, download emails one time per hour and my battery lasts only 7 hours :-(

I liked the idea to have a "computer" in my pocket, but like this it's not quite usuable.

I bought some more batteries, but changing battery twice a day sucks. When I'm at home, my N900 is on charger all the time.

I know, that it's not Nokias fault, but that's so disappointing.

What are your experiences?

Bye
MPW

When I'm at school it usually only takes 50% battery each day.. Checking up a few facts on the internet, texting, a few calls etc...

When I use it to listen to music, at the same time as I'm using it as a bluetooth modem from my laptop, I get about 6 hours with it.. I keep it plugged into the charger alot though under that heavy usage so that is not a problem..

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I have maybe 24 - 36 hours battery life, I have 3.5G on all the time but I'm not connected to any chat service... My email checks every half-hour. Also, 7 hours for a "computer" in your pocket is quite good.

EDIT: Oh and once I got 72 hours of battery life, right after flashing PR1.2

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-06-22 at 20:13.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Ofcousre its nokias fault ,for supplying a shitty battery, maybe they can realise their mistake and at least release a better battery for n900 one that goes for at least 2 days.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Yeah the same, and don't believe those who will be like 24 hrs or so its not true. Always online, music player, a little browsing, email, some calling its about 5-8hrs. Maybe i sit at home too much but this was never was a problem, if it took it of changer in the morning. If you want to extend battery life, wifi switcher is the one that gives the best results, but again you will lose the idea of N900 "Online as it happens" I still remember the days of Nokia 5110 battery life

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
If I use it as I advertise it I can get about 5 hrs.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
Ofcousre its nokias fault ,for supplying a shitty battery, maybe they can realise their mistake and at least release a better battery for n900 one that goes for at least 2 days.
And where exactly do you suggest sticking a bigger battery?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
If I don't really use my N900 at all it will usually last about 9 or 10 hours. I'm not connected to any IM or SIP but it does check e-mails.

If I use it for any reason then time is much shorter.

And sometimes it's really bad depending on application. For example, on Saturday I took phone off charger -- green light, fully charged -- used eCoach for 45 minutes, and 3 hours later my phone was giving me the low battery sound and warnings (i turned it off at that point). So less than 4 hours from fully charged to nearly dead battery.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
And where exactly do you suggest sticking a bigger battery?
I dont know but take off the back. look all the thick plastic around, do you think it was impossible to design hardware to fit like 1800mah? or nokia was to lazy to manufacture whole new battery model for this device.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
If I don't really use my N900 at all it will usually last about 9 or 10 hours. If I use it for any reason then time is much shorter.

And sometimes it's really bad depending on application. For example, on Saturday I took phone off charger -- green light, fully charged -- used eCoach for 45 minutes, and 3 hours later my phone was giving me the low battery sound and warnings (i turned it off at that point). So less than 4 hours from fully charged to nearly dead battery.
I share your experience, sometimes it is just great being online, having everything you need in your pocket, I was walking around Athens, listening to some tunes, and bam battery low I have no idea where I am, i launched OVI maps quickly, was waiting for a GPS fix for like 5 min (no data plan, wifi) and it died on me... In middle of nowhere no one to call, nowhere to look at... Then i remember my 6300 at home it never failed me. Yes 7hrs is too little, 12 would be reasonalble on heavy usage. But on days I am working its all okay. I am online only on my way to and off work.